DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

Does anyone think with the very unpopular finals site, that shows during the season will get better attendance?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of other further drives during the season... its no biggie at all.

Yeah, thats not that long at all as far as summer drives go. Some of the drives getting from the 'main tour' to the california leg in 07 were probably the longest. If you looked at a map of our tour that year, its a whole bunch of criscrossing the eastern half, and then a random shoot of a few long drives west. Those drives sucked just a bit, lol.

Am i the first one in this thread to notice they moved I&E to san antonio? Very odd, to say the least.

Yeah, thats not that long at all as far as summer drives go. Some of the drives getting from the 'main tour' to the california leg in 07 were probably the longest. If you looked at a map of our tour that year, its a whole bunch of criscrossing the eastern half, and then a random shoot of a few long drives west. Those drives sucked just a bit, lol.

Yeah I heard stories... glad I didn't march that year... plus I hate Cali, lol. Yes I've been there before.

Am i the first one in this thread to notice they moved I&E to san antonio? Very odd, to say the least.

I didn't notice

Does anyone think with the very unpopular finals site, that shows during the season will get better attendance?

I doubt the effect would be that noticable. If you took the 20000 people, and had all of them decide to hit other shows, once you divided that among all the shows, and subtracted those who were going to hit those shows anyway, and the difference would be negligible.

Yeah I didn't read the actual article about the schedule, just looked at the schedule. Interesting that they move I&E, I wonder why. I know of corps using that day as a free day to maybe visit the riverwalk and stuff. Isn't there usually a show in Denton that day anyway?

I doubt the effect would be that noticable. If you took the 20000 people, and had all of them decide to hit other shows, once you divided that among all the shows, and subtracted those who were going to hit those shows anyway, and the difference would be negligible.

Good point

Yeah I didn't read the actual article about the schedule, just looked at the schedule. Interesting that they move I&E, I wonder why. I know of corps using that day as a free day to maybe visit the riverwalk and stuff. Isn't there usually a show in Denton that day anyway?

looks like the denton show is on monday now, and there is nothing scheduled for any corps on that sunday.

I can see why they might want to move it out of finals week, since that week, every minute of rehearsal seems precious, but it is a bit odd to not have it then.

Am I reading the June 18th Allentown show correctly? Three corps? I wouldn't play for a three-corps show, even if it was Cadets, Crown, and Cavs.

i'd imagine it's not finalized, but I bet it'd be $40 between the 40's either way