DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

DCI Minnesota, wow! All top 12 corps from last year including 12 more! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time! TCF Stadium is 2 miles from my house and we can usually hear football play-by-play. I can't even imagine what July 17th is going to be like! I will be there though, front and center!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW DCI impressive again thank you for screwing the west coast fans, but really the coups de grace has to go to the total jerkwad who scheduled the Santa Barbara show as the same time as the Moonlight classic and totally screwed those people. The money of which goes to non-profits and scholarships. You split the two big West Coast corps on that day. I could have picked a better schedule with butcher paper, bird feed and a pen full of chickens

WOW DCI impressive again thank you for screwing the west coast fans, but really the coups de grace has to go to the total jerkwad who scheduled the Santa Barbara show as the same time as the Moonlight classic and totally screwed those people. The money of which goes to non-profits and scholarships. You split the two big West Coast corps on that day. I could have picked a better schedule with butcher paper, bird feed and a pen full of chickens

Much goes into scheduling an entire season and everyone is not going to be happy all the time. The people who work hard to try to please everyone should not be referred to as jerkwads.

However, something that may be of interest is the following:

According to Mapquest, Stockton and Santa Barbara are 353 miles apart. That's hardly next door.

There are DCI shows that are closer in proximity to each other. For example;

July 18 West Des Moines, IA and Rockford, IL — 294 miles

July 19 Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS — 199 miles

August 2 Centerville, OH and Sevierville, TN — 324 miles

August 4 Rome, NY and East Rutherford, NJ — 242 miles

Much goes into scheduling an entire season and everyone is not going to be happy all the time. The people who work hard to try to please everyone should not be referred to as jerkwads.

However, something that may be of interest is the following:

According to Mapquest, Stockton and Santa Barbara are 353 miles apart. That's hardly next door.

There are DCI shows that are closer in proximity to each other. For example;

July 18 West Des Moines, IA and Rockford, IL — 294 miles

July 19 Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS — 199 miles

August 2 Centerville, OH and Sevierville, TN — 324 miles

August 4 Rome, NY and East Rutherford, NJ — 242 miles

I think what Taters was getting to was the splitting of SCV and BD for the 2 shows along with the possible loss of money for non-profits and scholarships on the shows. Not the distance between them. The West Coast season is short enough as it is without splitting like this and on top of that, the shows that the WC fans do get to see are sometimes unpolished and incomplete as compared to what the east coast and mid-west usually see.

Again I'm very glad I live near Houston now.

I think what Taters was getting to was the splitting of SCV and BD for the 2 shows along with the possible loss of money for non-profits and scholarships on the shows. Not the distance between them. The West Coast season is short enough as it is without splitting like this and on top of that, the shows that the WC fans do get to see are sometimes unpolished and incomplete as compared to what the east coast and mid-west usually see.

Again I'm very glad I live near Houston now.

That's exactly what I am saying besides the fact we get only early shows, besides the fact that DCI is sending NO other top 10 corps our way. Pulling SCV and VK away from Stockton is going to hurt S.O.M.E. there are no two ways about it. I happen to know a little bit more about what happened behind the big curtain that no one is supposed to look behind here and I stand by the use of jerkwad. Now, Mike I like you and you are a good guy, but sometimes I feel like you also have drank the Kool-Aid that is DCI

Here was the lineup last year:

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Blue Devils C - Concord, CA

San Francisco Renegades - San Francisco, CA

Now take a look at it this year DCI Week TWO

You think the turn out is going to be half as big Mike? You think the people who put on that show and the organizations and people who benefit from it are not going to be hurt? Mike we can agree to disagree and you don't have to like my language or colloquialisms, but I think it stinks to high heaven and if I cannot freely voice my opinion here then DCP might as well change its name to Pravda!

oh and for the record I used Jerkwad in the singular form and not the plural for a reason and also it should be known that the Stockton people vehemently opposed this and made the very claims I am making now Up front before any decisions were made and apparently their cries went unheeded. If I am wrong any of the people who were there at the meeting are welcome to chime in.

Here is a breakdown for number of shows each corps is performing at. This does not include Murfressboro or Indy shows.

32 shows: Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Teal Sound

31 shows: The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts

30 shows: Pioneer, Troopers

29 shows: Blue Stars, Glassmen

28 shows: Bluecoats, Crossmen, Santa Clara Vanguard, Spirit

27 shows: Carolina Crown, Colts

26 shows: Boston Crusaders

25 shows: Blue Devils, Mandarins, Pacific Crest

24 shows: Cascades

22 shows: The Academy

14 shows: Jersey Surf

I'm surprised at how many shows Teal Sound has and how few the Blue Devils have.

One of the shows for BD and SCV is their Family Day Preview which I believe is not judged.