DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

rumor is that the northern VA show is going to be at one of the arlington high schools. I think that wakefield probably has the best layout for it. WL is too urban and yorktown has no room

It'd be nice to see a show at Episcopal in Alexandria. That's a small stadium, but very cozy-looking

IMG_7766.JPG

It might not have the best sight-lines, but there'd be some quality face-ripping going on there.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just about lost faith in DCI and the whole west coast thing. We are the ######## step child of DCI. It's ok for our corps to go east every year, but when it comes to sending corps west, we're lucky if we get one. And this year nothing. We never see corps past the third week of the season, and we're expected to travel east every year to go to finals. This is BS. Give the west a little love DCI.

Hope the Empire Statesmen can make up for that. Oh, and looks like four world-class corps are still competing in CA on weekend 5 of the 2010 season....not quite as bad as you say.

I've just about lost faith in DCI and the whole west coast thing. We are the ######## step child of DCI. It's ok for our corps to go east every year, but when it comes to sending corps west, we're lucky if we get one. And this year nothing. We never see corps past the third week of the season, and we're expected to travel east every year to go to finals. This is BS. Give the west a little love DCI.

And one more point (that has nothing to do with their west coast argument)... I am betting finals attendance drops dramatically in 2010. Usually I have a ton of friends that have already started saving and planning for next season, but this year none of them is planning on going based on their experience this past year.

West coast only has like... the two most successful corps in DCI history? Darn, you guys are so unlucky?

It'd be nice to see a show at Episcopal in Alexandria. That's a small stadium, but very cozy-looking

IMG_7766.JPG

It might not have the best sight-lines, but there'd be some quality face-ripping going on there.

What is that darn football team doing on a drum corps field???? :ph34r:

Here is a breakdown for number of shows each corps is performing at. This does not include Murfressboro or Indy shows.

32 shows: Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Teal Sound

31 shows: The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts

30 shows: Pioneer, Troopers

29 shows: Blue Stars, Glassmen

28 shows: Bluecoats, Crossmen, Santa Clara Vanguard, Spirit

27 shows: Carolina Crown, Colts

26 shows: Boston Crusaders

25 shows: Blue Devils, Mandarins, Pacific Crest

24 shows: Cascades

22 shows: The Academy

14 shows: Jersey Surf

I'm surprised at how many shows Teal Sound has and how few the Blue Devils have.

I noticed interesting differences last summer and started a similar discussion

Previous thread on similar topic

What I want to know is whether the additional nights off are a benefit?

HH

Of course they are. Thats an additional 6+ hours of rehearsal.

I noticed interesting differences last summer and started a similar discussion

Previous thread on similar topic

What I want to know is whether the additional nights off are a benefit?

HH

well if you're popping a 99, i'd say it isnt time wasted

Are they actually world class? I think they have world class schedule access, but not world class status.

If you go to the Event by Corps category, they're still listed as Open class.

Can anyone clarify this?

http://www.tealsound.org/news/index.html#wcaccess