DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

I have to weigh in as agreeing with taters on this one. Its frustrating enough that those of us here on the West Coast seldom get a chance to see live shows which include top ranking Midwest or Eastern corps, but it is especially frustrating when the schedule wrecks havoc with one of the better shows we do get to see. The Stockton Moonlight Classic has always been an excellent show, and more importantly, its scholarship program is exceptional. In the absence of corps from other parts of the country it is distressing that DCI would see fit to dilute this show further by splitting the top western corps via their scheduling. Sad, just plan sad.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike we can agree to disagree and you don't have to like my language or colloquialisms, but I think it stinks to high heaven and if I cannot freely voice my opinion here then DCP might as well change its name to Pravda!

I never suggested you aren't free to voice your opinion, just as you did not suggest I'm not free to voice mine. I did suggest referring to people whom I know are hard working and who try to please as many as possible as "jerkwads" was inconsiderate and wrong. I hope you would likewise stand up for friends whom you know pour their hearts into their jobs for little or no recognition in order to keep alive something we all love.

People not from the west coast really don't understand much about how bad DCI is with pretty much everything over here.

And the West in general has been thinning out recently...Denver's lineup this year is nowhere near as good as last year's :ph34r:

*sigh*

Guess it's time to start asking who wants to take a week to road trip to Indy.... Any takers from CA Central Valley? Or hell, anywhere from CA at all....

I know we have two of the best/oldest/most consistant/whatever/etc corps of all time, but the fact that we get no one at all from the Midwest or East at all.... Ouch. :ph34r:

*sigh*

Guess it's time to start asking who wants to take a week to road trip to Indy.... Any takers from CA Central Valley? Or hell, anywhere from CA at all....

I know we have two of the best/oldest/most consistant/whatever/etc corps of all time, but the fact that we get no one at all from the Midwest or East at all.... Ouch. :ph34r:

I plan on going to Indy next year. Fly or by road. Let's talk.

It is good to live in the center of DCIs schedule. :ph34r: There are about 25 shows within 4 hours drive for me. It will be hard deciding.

OK, Mike I am going to concede the whole right to an opinion thing. I am just going to say I had another conversation with the person who was in the know and they now I am not going to name names, or repeat hearsay but I am going to say if any if it is true then even you would find the term I used a term of endearment.

Now back to my Kool-Aid statement its not what you say its how you say it. You use language that gives us the impression that the people who make these decisions are practically volunteers, giving up their nights and weekends, time with their family, with their sleeves rolled up working a truly altruistic crew. While I might agree putting together a schedule is difficult and challenging, the truth is many of the top decision makers here are well compensated individuals who are getting paid as professionals to make good business decisions. Personally ...IMHO... i whole heartedly believe a very bad decision has been made here and I am calling it to the carpet so to speak.

Im glad I dont live in California for a lot of reasons, but we can go ahead and add this to the list :ph34r:

I'm glad the midwest is getting some july shows this year (especially the MN show). The last couple years we got the California treatment, with all shows in WI\MN\SD\IL\IA in the first week or two of the season.