Just WOW

Blue Devils, (yeah, I changed. best BD show of the decade. 07 sucked.

Sorry to lurk... but please explain yourself.

Edited by bawker
fixed quotation

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to lurk... but please explain yourself.

I didnt like the show.

I just thought it was musically boring. It was the same lick played over and over again.

PegaSUS!!! Dana,Dana,Dana! PEG-A-SUS!!! tigAtigAtigAtigA! Space chord.... whan!... whan!.... whan!!!!.... RESolution... hahahaha (evil laugh into mic)

I didnt like the show.

I just thought it was musically boring. It was the same lick played over and over again.

PegaSUS!!! Dana,Dana,Dana! PEG-A-SUS!!! tigAtigAtigAtigA! Space chord.... whan!... whan!.... whan!!!!.... RESolution... hahahaha (evil laugh into mic)

Haha....i know what you mean, even if you might be exagerating a tad. Still, its a BD show that I watch occassionally, which is saying a lot for me.

Maybe you would have been ok with any one of 5 corps winning it all, but I don't think there were 5 drum corps that could have won, or should have. The Blue Devils were so far past everybody else, and it took so long for Crown's show to get complete and clean enough to come across right to the judges, and Cadets show was just not going to win. They couldn't get that show clean enough visually, and that was pretty much it. Cavaliers absolutely should not have won, and the same goes for Vanguard. Cavies were a dirt sandwich and Vanguard's visual rep. was barely box 5 until it was too late. So while you might be ok with 5 different champs, a lot of other people definitely would not have.

As for 16 corps deserving to be top 12, thats where this thread really gets absurd. Listen, I know that your just appreciating what the kids and the corps put on the field, but I have a hard time thinking that anyone who could not beat the Troopers deserves to be in finals. Troopers show was barely a finalist show itself, and groups like the Colts(band show) and the Academy, were nice, but those aren't finalist quality shows, plain and simple. They weren't finalist quality shows all season long and finals was no different. And I hope that by 16 corps, you are not including Spirit, Madison, or Crossmen. Those are shows that I was embarrassed to watch all season long. These formerly great drum corps finalists stooping to this kind of crap was hard to watch. None of these three shows should have ever been considered finalists.

I know that this is just my opinion, but there were not 5 possible champions, not from day one, not all season long, and not on finals night. And there were definitely only 12 finalist drum corps this year. Thats why they put the rest on another DVD, because they aren't on the same level as the top 12.

You don't represent BD very well... I am assuming you are a BD fan based on your signature. I guess losing the championship during the last week of tour (BD 01) will have that affect on people.

I didnt like the show.

Difference of opinion, I guess...while i DID find the opening a tad in the repeating side (not a unique thing....Memphis Sound's opener that year was a repeat-fest as well), the closer (actually from around the middle of the center chart) was wonderful!

Crown didn't play Maria

Its hard to tell sometimes, with corps seeming to be obsessed with making medley mashups of songs that sound the same / have similar chord progressions. And yes, for the record, it was Somewhere....