Blue Stars Plume

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt I'm alone in saying that I love the new uniforms. They make the Blue Stars look absolutely huge on the field, something that I don't think the old uniforms ever accomplished--it's just one of those things, that white makes you look bigger than dark tones do.

I'd be curious to see how a red plume looks with the current uni--perhaps they could pull it off but I have reservations about dark colored plumes (again, I like corps that look larger than life and a plume adds another foot to the score).

Now, bringing out the old uniforms in the honor guard at retreat? That's a move I think should stick around. And keeping one of the old helmets on the podium is a nice touch too.

Edited by Gentleman Marcher

I for one am one former Blue Star who marched with the classic uniforms, and hopes no aspect of them makes a reappearence. With time the new uniform will become the "new standard" for all things Blue Stars. I really don't see them differing from the current template much if at all. IMO the current uni is very stand alone( no one sees them and wonders if they r the Blue Knights or something) and will be their identity going forward.

Edited by BozzlyB

My opinion has not changed. Don't like them either from a perspective of tradition or aesthetics. Hopefully some day they'll follow Madison to rediscovering a classic look.

I for one am one former Blue Star who marched with the classic uniforms, and hopes no aspect of them makes a reappearence. With time the new uniform will become the "new standard" for all things Blue Stars. I really don't see them differing from the current template much if at all. IMO the current uni is very stand alone( no one sees them and wonders if they r the Blue Knights or something) and will be their identity going forward.

Put me in this camp. The new uni, IMHO, compliments a modern Blue Stars. Those white pith helmets may have been original to the corps but just by sheer design they were a mess. I have pictures from the day and in just about every one it was too far back on my head, the chain was in the wrong place and the plume was out of whack. And I wasn't the only one.

Blue Knights had two great looks that were shunted aside in favor of a generic uniform...

yes, the pith helmets cause much problems,,,

just ask Phantom.....

*sarcasm off*

yes, the pith helmets cause much problems,,,

just ask Phantom.....

*sarcasm off*

Actually, you are comparing apples and oranges. Phantom and Bluecoats have very deep helmets that sit very low on the head (I have worn a PR helmet so I know). These helmets stay very stable, even when moving at 200 doing 5 to 5's. Blue Stars' members always complained how shallow their helmets were and that there was not a band inside to hold them on their heads, just some foam stuff that their staff put in to try and stabilize them. Plus, with the plume in them, they were even more unstable. Not very good when moving at 200 doing 5 to 5's.

Call me strange, but I liked the pith helmet with the uniform. I understand that the ones they had were getting nasty, but I bet they could be replaced. It was uniquely B*'s

I agree.... I understand why they changed, but I liked the helmets. It was an iconic look, IMO.

On the current unis, a red plume would be a nice touch.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring