Blue Stars Plume

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why even call them Blue Star, I like the old look.

The current look, could be any H.S.Band... from any where

why does it have to be the old look to be blue stars? Hell, this uniform has a star on it, where the old one didnt.

but if you wear an old uniform into a new era, you should carry at least part of it forward.

I'm just saying....take some pride......

Wow.... as much as I liked the Blue Stars' helmets, this reply is just around the bend, with all due respect.

Don't the Blue Stars still use a blue and white color scheme? To me, that would qualify as "carrying it forward."

And I get the feeling that the corps, and its alumni base, have plenty of pride in the current Blue Stars product, and their corps' history.

As a longtime Blue Stars fan, I would love to see them use the helmets again. But if that doesn't happen, so be it. I'm just very happy that the corps is back in the top 12 again, and I hope they stay there for a long time.

Fran

Then why even call them Blue Star, I like the old look.

The current look, could be any H.S.Band... from any where

The uniforms are blue, with a four point star on the jacket and the shako, that pretty much says "Blue Stars" to me

Do the Blue Knights look anything like Blue Knights? Do the Blue Devils look like Blue Devils?

A uniform is not what makes a corps...

I love the Blue Stars uniforms.

Even if I didn't, I wouldn't care that much. As long as they keep putting out great corps and shocking people (see Phantom 09) they can wear whatever they want.

Drum Corps has military roots. During WWII, when a family had a member in the service they would place a blue star in the window of their homes. If that member was killed they would replace it with a gold one. If I'm not mistaken, that's how the Blue Stars derived their name. Better to be a blue star than a gold one.