Crossmen 2010 Production Announced

I understand ALL of the concerns voiced here.....but I am excited strictly because of the direction the design team has decided to take. I hope it turns out the way we all want it to!

Good luck, Bones. I'm pulling for you.....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the arranger can stay "true" to the music it might be a good choice and bode well for the corps. The thing that I liked about being a member was that the music was recognizable and the audience can hum the tunes on the way out of the stadium.

Someone posted "bop and chop" Unfortunately that is happening with a lot of concert band arrangements. The art of playing good melodic phrases seems to be getting lost.

When audiences start to enjoy the music, the will cheer louder, change the "effect" it has on the corps and people will come to the stadiums. When Crossmen did this music prior, everyone could tap their toes, hum along and jam to Thurstons drum grooves. The minute they chop this into segments, grooves are lost and the thrill will be gone. No emotion =no effect.

Bringing back Metheny is good.......now they should just bring back Thurston, then maybe I'll be hyped about it.

is the world REALLY ready for Mark Thurston's notes? I know I am. It would be NICE to see a line DRUM...instead of hyping check patterns!!!

:grouphug::tongue::beer::mat::devil::mat::beer:

Hallelujah! Hearing this show title reminds me of 1991 and 2002, two of my favorite Crossmen shows....

This is actually the first Crossmen show I'm looking forward to seeing since....uh....I don't know. The last great Crossmen show, IMO, for me would be 2002. 2003 comes close too.

Maybe they can do Supertonic sweet as the ballad :grouphug:

BTW, if anyone has a recording of that or knows where I can find it, that'd be great!

Early 90's....not the late 90's!

This is a step in the RIGHT direction...The Crossmen had an IDENTITY that I feel has been lost "playing the game". I wish my Crossmen family the best this season.

Couldn't have said it better myself Gene!