DCA Selects New Media Company

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news.

Now if the DVD's come with camera selection (ie multi cam, high cam only, etc) like DCi DVD's, I could be persuaded to buy them again.

Looking at their website though, they admit that sometimes a DVD/CD can occasionally be bad and it appears that return shipping is at your expense even if it is a faulty disc.

Now if they can just replace Jolesch it'd be even better!

You are voted man of the year :tongue:

Great NEWS!!! Thanks again, DCA, for being the circuit that responds to the fans and participants wants and needs!

First, Let me say that Box 5 Productions is very excited to be offering our services to the fans and performers of DCA. I have been following these threads very closely for feedback and information that could help us determine the types of products and packages available, as well as feature offerings on the products themselves.

We want to make it clear that Box 5 Productions is committed to excellence in all facets of this project. We view DCA as a partner in our business allowing us to showcase our productions to the world with the excellent performances that take place during the championship weekend. Great care will be taken to insure that all products meet or exceed our stringent requirements for public consumption.

I saw a couple of questions in this thread I thought I would address to help you get a sense of the type of company we are.

Looking at their website though, they admit that sometimes a DVD/CD can occasionally be bad and it appears that return shipping is at your expense even if it is a faulty disc.

We do maintain a policy of asking you send the DVD back to us. This is for several reasons, however, the number 1 reason is so we can check the actual disc you are having an issue with. We are always researching and exploring better ways of producing our product and these discs help us to do that research.

I can tell you that in the last 4689 DVD's that have left our office we have a 100% playback rate. Meaning that not one person returned a disc due to playback issues. We currently have a 99% accuracy rate on those 4689 discs. Meaning that 4642 of those discs went to the right home. Of the remaining 47 discs 65% were shipped incorrectly due to customer error (incorrectly filled out order forms, wrong year selection, etc). I wanted to get that out there, due to some questions and concerns in this and previous threads.

Now if the DVD's come with camera selection (ie multi cam, high cam only, etc) like DCi DVD's, I could be persuaded to buy them again.

I promise I am not picking on this person, he just happens to ask the questions that I am excited about answering. You will be excited to learn that we will be offering several products with multiple (selectable) camera options. I can't reveal too much right now because we are still shooting holes in our product offerings. What I can tell you is that the product offerings for DCA will be more streamlined, easier to order and less confusing. We are working on a product that will include high-cam, multi-cam, percussion & guard cam. EVERY product we offer comes with the high-cam option so you can rest easy knowing that this is guaranteed.

I can also tell you that we are making the Mini-Corps segment of the weekend a huge priority. We will be offering a complete multi-cam / 5.1 digital product for this event. We feel very strongly that this event needs to be a showcase type of product and will treat it as such.

During finals we will include a 25 foot crane / jib camera in our production. We are very excited to offer this to DCA and believe it adds to the production value of the product so immensely that it can't be put into words.

We are very excited to be working with DCA as well as the fans and performers. We will be announcing tons of media offerings over the next few months so stay tuned. Be ready to order early and get your friends to order as this will truly be a memorable production.

Tim Snyder

Box 5 Productions

WOW!

I'm already looking forward to seeing the product!

Also, very pleased with the professional layout of the website.

First, Let me say that Box 5 Productions is very excited to be offering our services to the fans and performers of DCA. I have been following these threads very closely for feedback and information that could help us determine the types of products and packages available, as well as feature offerings on the products themselves.

We want to make it clear that Box 5 Productions is committed to excellence in all facets of this project. We view DCA as a partner in our business allowing us to showcase our productions to the world with the excellent performances that take place during the championship weekend. Great care will be taken to insure that all products meet or exceed our stringent requirements for public consumption.

I saw a couple of questions in this thread I thought I would address to help you get a sense of the type of company we are.

We do maintain a policy of asking you send the DVD back to us. This is for several reasons, however, the number 1 reason is so we can check the actual disc you are having an issue with. We are always researching and exploring better ways of producing our product and these discs help us to do that research.

I can tell you that in the last 4689 DVD's that have left our office we have a 100% playback rate. Meaning that not one person returned a disc due to playback issues. We currently have a 99% accuracy rate on those 4689 discs. Meaning that 4642 of those discs went to the right home. Of the remaining 47 discs 65% were shipped incorrectly due to customer error (incorrectly filled out order forms, wrong year selection, etc). I wanted to get that out there, due to some questions and concerns in this and previous threads.

I promise I am not picking on this person, he just happens to ask the questions that I am excited about answering. You will be excited to learn that we will be offering several products with multiple (selectable) camera options. I can't reveal too much right now because we are still shooting holes in our product offerings. What I can tell you is that the product offerings for DCA will be more streamlined, easier to order and less confusing. We are working on a product that will include high-cam, multi-cam, percussion & guard cam. EVERY product we offer comes with the high-cam option so you can rest easy knowing that this is guaranteed.

I can also tell you that we are making the Mini-Corps segment of the weekend a huge priority. We will be offering a complete multi-cam / 5.1 digital product for this event. We feel very strongly that this event needs to be a showcase type of product and will treat it as such.

During finals we will include a 25 foot crane / jib camera in our production. We are very excited to offer this to DCA and believe it adds to the production value of the product so immensely that it can't be put into words.

We are very excited to be working with DCA as well as the fans and performers. We will be announcing tons of media offerings over the next few months so stay tuned. Be ready to order early and get your friends to order as this will truly be a memorable production.

Tim Snyder

Box 5 Productions

Tim,

That is great news that the Mini Corps segment of the weekend will be getting some love as well. The DVD results of this event in the past several years in which I have performed have been very disappointing - both in terms of poor audio quality as well as being captured in a 4:3 aspect ratio. The venue cries out for a wide screen format to be utilized, and I'm absolutely thrilled that you folks are on board. :thumbs-up:

Thank you DCA!!! :thumbs-up:

Paul