TAKE OVER? hmmmm

see me

Friends, Members, Newbies, Vets, and Alumni lend me your ears! As you may or may not know, we, the members of Impulse run our corps. The directors dont, the staff doesn't... WE DO.

We decide on the reputation and awesomeness of the organization that we have singed up and payed all this money to be a part of and what I believe every corps needs, as a matter of principle, is accountability.

I've been browsing Drum Corps Planet and I've reached the conclusion that if we want this corps to be extremely successful then we've got to take it into our hands to make things happen like they should.

Sure we can't dictate every little thing that goes on but we have a MASSIVE influence on how this corps operates.

Ask tough questions.. get involved. Know what's going on behind the scenes! You must ask the right questions so know what kind of things are involved with your activity and learn what kind of questions to ask! Take a stroll on www.drumcorpsplanet.com and see some of the issues corps deal with and increase your awareness of what's going on with your own as the season progresses.

Just like we need to push the staff during rehearsal, so do we need to push the staff to have their affairs in order so our organization can go far!

We also need a goal. Something to reach for, and the goals of the staff and us need to be in harmony.

We need to reach for the stars folks. Even if you're only planning on being here for one season there is no reason that you shouldn't give your all to help this organization grow. Whatever is worth being a part of, it's worth making it grow; if there's anything worth doing such as growing a corps, it's worth doing well.

Who's with me??

this is on their facebook page

Edited by see me

I highly doubt you the members have as much influence as you think. Do you oversee fundraising? Tour planning? Writing the brass, drum, guard books? Do you write the drill? Do you TEACH the music, guard work, or drill? Do you look after the numerous administrative details that go one behind the scenes? Do you line up and pay for travel, rehearsal sites, and housing? Do you go to the DCI meeting and line up the shows you'll be performing in?

In a word....no. The ONLY thing the members have control over is how well their show is performed based on the instruction they get.

YOUR job is to do the show....the STAFF'S is to design and teach it (the instructional staff...the admin staff have other duties).

You do your job....let the staff do theirs.

What you posted may be on a Facebook page, but if it isn't on the corps official web page, someone's speaking out of turn.

They see me rollin', they hatin'

And more over, it appears that this is NOT the official Impulse page. See Me, why you trying to dig dirt? Go support your corps, *cough* vk *cough*, and refrain from all the neg.

Edited by acecannon

Friends, Members, Newbies, Vets, and Alumni lend me your ears! As you may or may not know, we, the members of Impulse run our corps. The directors dont, the staff doesn't... WE DO.

We decide on the reputation and awesomeness of the organization that we have singed up and payed all this money to be a part of and what I believe every corps needs, as a matter of principle, is accountability.

I've been browsing Drum Corps Planet and I've reached the conclusion that if we want this corps to be extremely successful then we've got to take it into our hands to make things happen like they should.

Sure we can't dictate every little thing that goes on but we have a MASSIVE influence on how this corps operates.

Ask tough questions.. get involved. Know what's going on behind the scenes! You must ask the right questions so know what kind of things are involved with your activity and learn what kind of questions to ask! Take a stroll on www.drumcorpsplanet.com and see some of the issues corps deal with and increase your awareness of what's going on with your own as the season progresses.

Just like we need to push the staff during rehearsal, so do we need to push the staff to have their affairs in order so our organization can go far!

We also need a goal. Something to reach for, and the goals of the staff and us need to be in harmony.

We need to reach for the stars folks. Even if you're only planning on being here for one season there is no reason that you shouldn't give your all to help this organization grow. Whatever is worth being a part of, it's worth making it grow; if there's anything worth doing such as growing a corps, it's worth doing well.

Who's with me??

I know it's probably inappropriate, but half way through reading this I heard a voice in my head that said, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!" and another calmer one that said, "Don't stop him... he's on a roll."

I was struck with 2 unworthy thoughts: a) When one writes a manifesto, one should perhaps get someone to edit or spell-check it. and b) any corps whose members are pushing their staff at rehearsal have the right members, but probably the wrong staff. (I'm not assuming this is actually the case simply because it was stated as the truth in this post. I saw at the supermarket check-out the other day that Kate Gosselin is from Uranus. I doubt it. Although John...)

Try it, see what happens.......FAILURE! Members don't know everything. Why do you think that you can't rent a car until you are 25? Your brain isn't developed fully, therefore you will make dumb discisions...we all did when we were young, dumb and....well hopefully you'll get the point.

Who's with me??

Oh my god....

I have never seen someone so destroyed like that in a thread ever. Oh my...oh my....

And I agree with everything everyone has already said.

Whoa, since when was this a democracy? :smile:

Edit: close plz

Edited by Slides of Mass Destruction

You haven't read the DCA threads every time Shadow7 complains about 06 or the minimum numbers rule, have you?

no, i guess not...lol.

I know it's probably inappropriate, but half way through reading this I heard a voice in my head that said, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!" and another calmer one that said, "Don't stop him... he's on a roll."

Actually, it was the Japanese...