2010 Blue Stars in search of a few musicians to complete

The 2010 Blue Stars are still looking for performers for the following positions:

1) Timpani Player for Front Ensemble

2) A Lead Mellophone

3) A Lead Trumpet

For more information, please contact Corps Director, Howard Weinstein at director@bluestars.org and he will get you the audition information and materials.

The next camp is January 15-17, 2010 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Information about the Blue Stars can be found at www.bluestars.org

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Blue Stars appear to be based more in Indy that LaCrosse, should we anticipate a formal relocation announcement? It seems like the corps is always in Indy for practice and recruitment.

The 2010 Blue Stars are still looking for performers for the following positions:

1) Timpani Player for Front Ensemble

2) A Lead Mellophone

3) A Lead Trumpet

For more information, please contact Corps Director, Howard Weinstein at director@bluestars.org and he will get you the audition information and materials.

The next camp is January 15-17, 2010 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Information about the Blue Stars can be found at www.bluestars.org

Well, looks like Blue Stars aren't making Finals this year. Shame.

Since the Blue Stars appear to be based more in Indy that LaCrosse, should we anticipate a formal relocation announcement? It seems like the corps is always in Indy for practice and recruitment.

The corps rehearses in venues that facilitate the best ease of access for members. La Crosse itself is not easy to fly into, which is a big negative for any corps that recruits on a national basis. Prior to rehearsing in indianapolis, the corps held spring rehearsals in Minneapolis (from 04-07 i believe), and changed to Indianapolis better fit the growing group of members and staff that are from the Indiana area. When it comes down to it, no matter where rehearsals are held for any corps, there is little to no connection to the surrounding community at most corps camps, as they are strictly business, preparing for the coming season, from friday evening to sunday dismissal. Therefore the smart decision is to find the place that guarantees the greatest number of attendees at camp.

La Crosse is, and always will be, the home of the Blue Stars. Now that reconstruction is complete at the UW-La Crosse stadium, they will once again be hosting a show in La Crosse.

Edited by AlexL

Well, looks like Blue Stars aren't making Finals this year. Shame.

I know! I just put my finals tickets on ebay. Semis it is.

Many corps have practice sites far from their hometowns. Blue Devils practice on Mars, yet still call Concord, CA, home. :smile:

2u8whee.jpg

Why did I lol so hard....

Yeah, you count on that. I think I'll put some money on them being there on Saturday night. Any takers?

Yes. It's WAAAYY too early in the season to be saying they're not going to make finals...

Folks, c'mon. Clearly it was sarcasm. As it ALWAYS is when ever a top corps says they're looking for something and people post on DCP. Read it as "Well, if they don't have a timpanist in January, they must be doing poorly..." :smile:

For what it's worth, it's nice to see them even trying to get a timpanist. Timpani is going the way of the cymbal line. It's a silly instrument for outdoors and EXPENSIVE and EASILY replaced by synth, as more often the purpose of the timpanist is to round out the bottom of the ensemble. Will be curious to see which corps continue to do away with it.