What Was Good About Former Finalists

For starters, 27's late-70s and 80s drumlines played with a style unmatched by anyone before or since. The fact that they were really clean (and, in 1984, historic) was a plus.

Edited by tommytimp

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that North Star was 1st to march quads like we know currently. I contend that it was the Guardsmen who made quads what they are today. The Guardsmen 79 & 80 quad lines set the stage.

DRB - weren't you IN those quad lines? LOL.

I always wondered if it was as much fun to be in the Bridgemen as it looked like it was... I mean, I bet they had some intense rehearsals but they always looked so cool and laid back! :tongue::rolleyes:

Still is.....Still do.....Still are! :laughing:

HYPE!!

So True! The SHOW NEVER ENDS!

C'mon down & see for yourself!

There is still time & still room!

May the HYPE be with you!

Argonne proved that a valve-rotor G horn line could play in tune...

Absolutely! Great horn lines there.

Their "Fanfare for the New" chart from 1973 was off the hook.... especially for its time.

Fran

In my rookie year with the capitol chargers we were at a show in streator i believe and the des plaines vangaurd were on the field and i remember asking one of the staff why the were like laying on the field and such acting out west side story which at the time was unheard of the staff member told me they were trying something new in drum corps with mixed results. still a strong memorie all these years later.

Anaheim's show in 1974 was absolutely amazing. I remember the first time I hear it and I thought that they were setting a new standard for the activity. Their hornline nailed that show, but it was the great arrangements and the way the drums and horns fit in with each other that really stood out for me.