• 1988 Madison
    • 1989 SCV

89 SCV

/poll

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on record as not being a huge fan of Garfield's 84 show.The 85 show is the Promethean show in my opinion.

BD kicked all kinds of azz in 1986, but as awesome as they were I still think it was a down year for drum corps.83 was the same, despite Garfield's great show that year.

And no corps has ever hyped themselves and the crowd the way Madison did that night in Kansas City.

84 Cadets

88 Madison

89 Vanguard

86 BD

et al

89 Phantom....ooops not on the list :rolleyes:

84 Cadets changed drum corps so they would have to get my vote out of this group.

The ONLY perfect percussion score in DCI history.

87 Cadets. Great show, and I think a mello soloist with only (someone help me here) one hand and some sort of fake hand???? I believe I saw this in the video.

Blue Crew 82. BD at it's very finest, in my opinion. Highest score ever under the tick system. Rediculous brass section and charts, and the percussion section in the first year under Float was amazing. Guard- butterfly wings - awesome. The best version of One More Time Chuck Corea. This corps gets my vote.

Garfield 84. My second place choice for the decade.

1976 Blue Devils as well as 1972 SCV and 1983 Cadets and 2001 Cavaliers changed the activity.

1972 SCV - moved DCI away from the vfw / american legion shows of the past. classical music on the drum corps field at its best ( for the time )

1976 Blue Devils -those uniforms / North drums / power brass / smooth jazz. a activity changer. Corps were trying to chase this till 1983.

1983 Cadets-Zingalli / drill was changed forever.making the impossible possible.

2001 Cavaliers -Visual becomes the most important part of a show. everything revolves around the visual instead of the music.

might add 2008 phantom on this list for pure emotion....