DCPI-13 Here We Go!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kiss of death my friend sorry. Happened to me before. Many of us been there. Maybe you will break the curse.

never been so glad to get SECOND!!!!

Apparently, LWC got sucked into a black hole before their competition at prelims. Who knows what happened to them...

Apparently, LWC got sucked into a black hole before their competition at prelims. Who knows what happened to them...

I was wondering the same thing. :tongue:

After the 1st round of Championships ALL THREE of my corps are in 9th place. What are the odds? LOL

Well not too good. Elite Brigade is actually tied for 8th. :tongue:

Well not too good. Elite Brigade is actually tied for 8th. :tongue:

Well, at least it's better then all three corps being one placement out of making it to the next round. :worthy:

The kiss of death my friend sorry. Happened to me before. Many of us been there. Maybe you will break the curse.

I think this is the third time this is happened to me, and (of course) I don't do it on purpose. Maybe this time I'll be able to defy odds and win the championship, but at this point it looks like only Dude, Where's My Corps? has a fighting chance.

Aside from the curse, being 1st, 2nd, 1st after prelims is pretty gratifying.

It's interesting how Dude, Where's My Corps? and Glory of Bellatrix have the exact same caption scores... I'm sure there's something different in there but to tie for 2nd with identical captions is always interesting.

I did double check the captions... and there is at least 1 difference in the 2 caption sets... just works out that way sometimes.

From the Tennessean:

"A mysterious situation has developed concerning Minnesota's favorite div 3 fantasy corps. According to reports from Tennessee, the corps vanished sometime between departing from the Fanfare Championships in Memphis and arriving at their housing site in Franklin. The corps vehicles were last seen near Jackson TN sometime between 1 and 2 am driving east on I-40 towards Nashville. The corps never made it to their housing site and did not appear for their preliminary performance. Anybody with any information on the corps' disappearance is asked to email corps director Gary Kellor through the corps' website"