californian marching bands?

Hi everyone,

I've just found out I'll be coming to California on a university exchange in August 2010. I need to sub-preference campuses from the UC system. I've already chosen San Diego and Davis, but I need to pick one other out of Irvine, Merced, Riverside and Santa Barbara. I've already looked and none of them have great marching bands so I'm hoping people can tell me about bands in areas surrounding these campuses.

p.s. I need to get these preferences done within a couple of days, so if you've got anything at all, please just shout it out!

Rach

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I've just found out I'll be coming to California on a university exchange in August 2010. I need to sub-preference campuses from the UC system. I've already chosen San Diego and Davis, but I need to pick one other out of Irvine, Merced, Riverside and Santa Barbara. I've already looked and none of them have great marching bands so I'm hoping people can tell me about bands in areas surrounding these campuses.

p.s. I need to get these preferences done within a couple of days, so if you've got anything at all, please just shout it out!

Rach

Hmmm...Riverside City College is the obvious one (Blue Devils South is the description out here), but you probably have to be an RCC student.

Keep in mind, however, that many of the choices you listed are somewhat close to area drum corps...the Los Angeles region has a ton...both Jr and Sr...Pacific Crest, VK, Impulse, Incognito, Gold (hopefully they're still functioning), Mystikal, SoCal Dream Sr., and Kingsmen Alumni come to mind. You don't have to be a UC student to march any of those.

If marching band is your main focus, check out UC Riverside. I haven't heard too many things about the school (positive or negative), but I know a lot of people who go there specifically to march in the RCC Marching Band, who as far as I can tell is the best marching band (corps style) in the country.

If marching band is your main focus, check out UC Riverside. I haven't heard too many things about the school (positive or negative), but I know a lot of people who go there specifically to march in the RCC Marching Band, who as far as I can tell is the best marching band (corps style) in the country.

One of, yes!