californian marching bands?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWWHHAHHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!

Sorry....I had to laugh at that....traffic anywhere in the southland is usually a Mongolian Cluster#### at most times of the day...

Then how come it only takes Jack Bauer only 15 minutes to get anywhere in LA?

While we're on the subject, does anyone know the year that USC burned "USC" into the grass at the UCLA stadium? I remember hearing about this years ago. Apparently there was an LA Marching Band tournament, and it was at UCLA's stadium, co-hosted by UCLA's Marching Band and USC's Marching Band. Both bands played their halftime show as exhibition at the end of the competition. USC's band, probably during the fight song, formed "USC" on the field, and right when they did, every member dropped a small packet of chlorine, burning the grass at their feet. Thus, when they marched off the field, "USC" was burned into UCLA's stadium.

Does anyone know more details, or even if this story is true?

UCLA

Just sayin'.

SDSU just sayin'

Thanks captncontra and kath, your input was really, really helpful.

I'm now really torn between Riverside and Irvine. Irvine for being close to all the LA drum corps and Riverside for having a nearby college marching band. Lucky they're only playing off for my 3rd preference. Can someone please confirm that drum corps don't provide any instruction of activity during fall? I've found the Santa Ana Youth Winds which would be helpful in learning to march, but I don't think I would do anything more in terms of teaching drill technique. Ideas? Also, thanks to everyone who's contributed, you're giving me some legs to stand on while making this decision.

Typically Drum Corps Programs start around late november/Early December and run through Finals the second weekend of August. So it's not usual to find a fall program in a drum corps.

If you want a taste of the RCC Marching Tigers from this past season, here's a link to the site that shaunt be named

I know of many people in there that have or are currently marching corps.

Thanks CaptnContra, I believe you've just sealed the deal for me. Davis, San Diego and Irvine it is. You guys are tops!