Rules Changes, Day 2

</topic>

Add:

your, you're, they're, their, there, to, too, then, than

to the list. :beer:

<topic>

meh, i could care less. :laughing:

I dislike the fact that Hopkins suggests getting rid of the "Drum Major *insert name*, is your corps ready?" I honestly have always liked that bit of tradition and would hate to see it go :laughing:

Good enough? Since when is "good enough" the standard in drum corps? I thought we were striving for better than that.

HH

Drum corps has always been "better than that" by taking the idea and making totally unique in the drum corps style and tradition......no need for saxes, violins, helicopters. There was always enough imagination and creativity (and resources) to recreate it.

Seems to me the large crowds didnt need the actual helicopter to "get" the 91 SCV show, or enjoy it.....and I dont think a sample of an actual helicopter would make the show more exciting....

G

Am I the only one that PREFERRED, for example, the sop player from SCV playing the violin lick rather than hearing an actual violin play it? If I wanted to hear violins play I'd go listen to an orchestra... I listen to drum corps because I like to hear an all-brass interpretation of music... why is that not kosher anymore?

Bingo !!!!

G

Drum corps has always been "better than that" by taking the idea and making totally unique in the drum corps style and tradition......no need for saxes, violins, helicopters. There was always enough imagination and creativity (and resources) to recreate it.

Seems to me the large crowds didnt need the actual helicopter to "get" the 91 SCV show, or enjoy it.....and I dont think a sample of an actual helicopter would make the show more exciting....

G

i love it when you get logical

i love it when you get logical

But that would imply that sometimes he's not.... ce n'est pas vrai?!?!?! :laughing:

Edited by euponitone

Haven't had a good Hop-bashing thread in a while. Y'all seem out of practice.

HH

I love it when disagreement = "bashing".

Way to try to stifle a discussion.

I love it when disagreement = "bashing".

Way to try to stifle a discussion.

In fairness, there has been plenty of said 'bashing' over the years, and even some recently. Is it as prevalent as it used to be?...no. Is there much of it these rules threads?....not really. Do old habits die hard for some people on both sides??.......yup! :laughing: