Pre-Season Hype...

It's like the NFL playoffs and the Saints homers...

Saints Homer pre season hype: The Saints will win it all this year...

Saints Homer in reality: Theres no way we will make the playoffs muchless the SuperBowl.

Saints Homer Today: I told you we'd make the Super Bowl...

No offense to the Saints fans...This is just an example.

Go Colts!

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? The Vikings sure did,lol

The best part about the Scouts hype is when you and a few others ALWAYS chime in attempting to cause heartache

to Scouts fans. My guess is that you have a big chip on your shoulder - maybe got cut by the Scouts cause you didn't

have the chops? :smile:

I got cut from Scouts because I didn't have the chops and I'm still an avid fan. =P

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? The Vikings sure did,lol

I'm leaning toward rooting for the Saints just because they've never been to the Superbowl but if I never hear that stupid "WHO DAT" chant again I'll die happy. :smile:

I got cut from Scouts because I didn't have the chops and I'm still an avid fan. =P

And, that, my man, is awesome! :smile:

Alberta All Girls have a tradition going on 34 years now. We get together, Superbowl Sunday Party, watch football and the half-time show (look and look for a band or drum corps; we used to do alot of half-time football shows), chat about how we and the kids and the grandkids are doing, nosh on some good grub and talk about our old drum corps days. It's a good way to shake those winter blues. Heck I'm hyped for next weekend! Ya!

I think it's nice to see people being positive about their organizations. And it doesn't hurt anybody.

Totally agree! does not hurt anybody! Hype it up Ya'll :smile:

This year seems to be a little tamer than usual about pre-season hype. So I thought it would be fun to list the best pre-season hype comments of the past...

My favorite from last year prior to their first performance "Phantoms show is so moving many were brought to tears." I believe this was said right after their first dress rehearsal.

Looking back the show did bring tears so I guess they were accurate.

Here's hoping for a redemptive show this year!

I love the folks who say "[insert name of favorite corps]'s drum line is already mid-season clean," after seeing them at their February camp.

best of luck to all,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

I love the folks who say "[insert name of favorite corps]'s drum line is already mid-season clean," after seeing them at their February camp.

best of luck to all,

Fred O.

Heck, everyone's going to sound clean doing 8 on a hand for hours on end. :devil:

(I know that's not what's going on at Feb camp, please folks, don't hate! just some humor because it's not June yet. And let's face it, compared to what many have likely endured in their off-season drumming experiences, February DOES sounds mid-season clean, if by mid-season you mean October of marching band season. :smile: )