Marc Sylvester discusses Blue Knights' 2010 show

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the moderators of this site or going to be so ultra-sensitive to political talk, then why not create an off topic forum where we can debate such things freely? Of course Che was all for squashing free speech.

When that section existed, it ate up probably in excess of 95% of the moderators time to monitor 1% of the entire DCP site. We had some good laughs while it lasted, but I'd not be surprised if some of our beloved moderators are missing hair today as a result of it's existence.

So, it was shut down and Current Events stuff was moved over to another site (inmotio.net) , and then most of the political peeps moved over there. That's since been shut down too, I think.

What a shock.

my last post on this censored site is to tell you I'll write you another treatsie called " Post while you can "

Au Revoir

We all need to remember the purpose of DCP and that it's a privately-owned site.

When that section existed, it ate up probably in excess of 95% of the moderators time to monitor 1% of the entire DCP site. We had some good laughs while it lasted, but I'd not be surprised if some of our beloved moderators are missing hair today as a result of it's existence.

This is something I do know about due to a conversation a few years back. The forum had 3% of DCP's traffic, but generated over 90% of the complaints/reports to mods. Politics divides us on DCP. It's much better that DCP focuses on that which unites us, which is drum corps.

We now return to our excitement over what Blue Knights is doing this summer.

We discussed that in Indy. It's already decided, but not yet public.

Actually the music we discussed is not the final decision so............... if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Parameters are:

Great closer material

Perfect pacing after Nimrod

Great material for battery as well as brass.

Romantic

Not English or French composer.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the music we discussed is not the final decision so............... if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Parameters are:

Great closer material

Perfect pacing after Nimrod

Great material for battery as well as brass.

Romantic

Not English or French composer.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hut of baba Yaga and Great Gate from pictures. Lots of battery opportunities in hut. Looks like no world Class corps has done either since 1994 SCV.

Check out Leos Janacek: Taras Bulba - there should be some firey stuff in there! Also - there is a suite from his opera, The Cunning Little Vixen (people who were teens in the 70s used to call it "The Cunning Richard Nixon"...but that's another story) - anyway, there is a little two movement suite from the opera - 2nd of those movements is quite tasty -

See also...

Grieg - Symphonic Dances

Rachmaninoff - Symphonic Dances (yes, Phantom 'did' this...but did not do it justice...) - see especially the 3rd movement

Or you could make the day of one of this sites somewhat regular posters and do the finale to Bruckner Sym. No. 8 - which to me always sounds like all the horses of the apocalypse riding down on everyone at the same time -

Other possibles:

finale to Tchaik 4 (or Tchaik 2...a GREAT piece...)

Finale to Fountains of Rome

4th movement of Borodin Sym No. 2

Finale to Nielsen Sym. No. 2

last movement to Bartok Concerto for Orchestra...though you may find that Vanguard is also doing this...

There is SO much...

Edited by FHdork