Cadets' name changes

My suggestion for the 2033 season: Garfield Cadets, in recognition of the 50th anniversary of their first DCI Championship.

OK, let's keep this on the front page for the next 23 years!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year were they the K-Mart Cadets?

it was right around then

I'm guessing in 23 years they'll be selling their naming rights. Maybe we could start a fund for the Cadets of DCP

I believe it was 1986 when they were sponsored by K-mart and carried a K-mart flag in parades and at retreat.

My suggestion for the 2033 season: Garfield Cadets, in recognition of the 50th anniversary of their first DCI Championship.

OK, let's keep this on the front page for the next 23 years!

Garry in Vegas

:thumbup:

Edited by damjiboo

Do you really think drum corps will be around in 2033 or even 2023. Maybe 2013 if we're lucky

:thumbup: Funny, i've been hearing for the last 30+ years how DCI or Drumcorps in general won't be around in 10 years.

Do you really think drum corps will be around in 2033 or even 2023. Maybe 2013 if we're lucky

Just an honest question ~ why do you post on a drum corps forum? Everything you say is negative and adds nothing to the conversation regarding the positives of the activity.

:blink:

I remember people saying there was no way drum corps would make it to 2010 back when I first got into the activity (early 2000s)

It was probably you. Guess you just like being wrong

Duh! The world's going to end in 2012. :blink: :blink:

for the love of GOD.

dude, just stop posting, please. Every single post I see is something like what you just posted - belligerently nonconstructive, negative, and downright stupid. I have been on DCP for 5 and a half years, and every single time I see you post, I cringe. You single handedly represent everything that is wrong with the Drum Corps fan base. Negativity for the sake of negativity, apathy that you blatantly try to spill over into the rest of the posting population, and an attitude that is, for lack of better words, just plain annoying. We get it. WE REALLY, REALLY GET IT. You don't like drum corps anymore. DCP has many faults, but I think one of the best things it has always done, and still continues to do today, is spark intelligent debate about an activity we love. You clearly don't love it, and you don't add anything to debate except why you think drum corps sucks now. Please, to save everyone's time, including your own, just forget this site exists.