Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I'm calling either "West Coast Inflation" or just the fact that you can't compare scores between shows.

Pacific Crest was actually set to make finals like two years ago according to early season scoring, so take it for what it's worth.

Stanford had a full judging panel. That might have had something to do with it.

Awesome job to the Scouts last night! You guys are on your way to a phenominal season.

Keep up all the hard work! For those of you who are interested, here's a link to my full

review of the show last night:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=137214

Awesome job to the Scouts last night! You guys are on your way to a phenominal season.

Keep up all the hard work! For those of you who are interested, here's a link to my full

review of the show last night:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=137214

Speaking as a complete 'outsider' to Madison Scouts (not an alumni, wouldn't really consider myself a huge fan/honk/homer/whatever), it's exciting to see them exhibit their swagger again! Love the show this year or not, this is the first time in quite a while that I feel like I'm actually watching THE Madison Scouts perform. They've had some good shows and members over the past several years, but for me personally this is the first time where there is no doubt that we are seeing 100% classic Madison Scouts. No matter how they place this year, this is exciting and bodes VERY well for the future!

Hyped to have Madison back!!

To everyone, from top to bottom we should all pat ourselves on the back for the frikin great day of DRUMS ON PARADE! It sold out, we had fun, no g7 harrassment ( thank god ) the kids dont need that, they are too good. And the MADISON SCOUTS took the field, and made me forget every show I had seen before it. Thats what I am talking about! The aura! Nobody is going to want to go on after us, that show and what it is going to become is going to be a monster. Dont think I did not get some inside info about where this show is going, all you other Corps better get moving cause as I say- Here we come! We have a staff who are not going anywhere, and the thing I heard about and saw the minute we saw the boys in uniform- The look! The eye of the tiger! The aura!

Cant wait to do it all agian JULY 17th up in FARVRE country, hell lets sell that one out to! Cant wait.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

I want that case of beer!

Edited by thirdcoast

"Get me my instructor hair!" - <stole that (sort of) from Shrek 3> :rolleyes:

A good solid start to the season, and it's VERY exciting to think where it can go from here...

BUT, guys... as I keep saying (sorry, broken record syndrome...LOL!): make every practice count. Focus. Execute. Become the show in your mind... you are each the little tiny mechanism in a Rolex watch that needs to move correctly every time in order for that Rolex to be a Rolex. Never be satisfied, or think it's the guy next to you screwin' up. If it IS the guy next to you screwin' up, take some one on one time and get it down with him. It may be that small clarification that turns a weak move or snare break or whatever into a solid one. Not to mention how AWESOME it is to do a move or play a segment that just kicks ###, and you feel it as such from within the line, even if no one else did.

The goal shouldn't be to beat a single corps or a rival... it should be to be your best. Chasing the competition IS competition, but you don't win over another corps and say "Ah HAH! Got 'em! We are awesome!" ... no, you win over another corps and respect their effort as well, and continue to move forward against yourself.

Don't chase a "score" or a placement... chase the ability that's in you all to win as a drum and bugle corps.

Edited by GGarrett

Date Event Name Location Score Place

06/27/10 Drum Beauty Stillwater, MN 70.400 4th

06/26/10 Drums on Parade Madison, WI 70.900 4th

06/25/10 DCI Central Illinois Normal, IL 71.600 5th

06/22/10 DCI Louisville Louisville, KY 71.100 5th

According to the DCI judges, the Scouts improved a bit on Friday and then got progressively worse over the weekend. Are they getting punished already for being too entertaining? :rolleyes:

According to the DCI judges, the Scouts improved a bit on Friday and then got progressively worse over the weekend. Are they getting punished already for being too entertaining? :rolleyes:

It's the early season shuffle! Awful hard to make sense of eh? Consider this, Blue Stars have had their first three shows with Cavies and Scouts. Their spread has been very consistent with Scouts at all three, but went from about 1 pt between BS and Cavies at the 1st show to about 3 pts at the 2nd and 3rd show. In addition, Cadets have been at these three shows, and the spread between Cadets and Cavies is virtually unchanged. Basically Scouts and BS dropped after the first showing. The judges effectively came out and said nope, Scouts and BS were scored too close to Cavies in Normal. I find it interesting that if you look at the recaps for Stillwater, the corps, in every single caption and subcaption scored in order from top to bottom. There is usually SOME small variation apparant.

I don't know, but it is kind of strange to be going down in scores like this. At this rate, the Madison Scouts could hit a 50.000 come Indy...... weird.

Edited by BRASSO

http://bknights.org/bknights.org/scores/standings.asp

Interesting link.....and I know scores do not matter, only throwing babies!!!

The G-7 grouping looks pretty solid right now from observing this graph.