Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

...it's just 'eh' in my book. A throw back to 'old school' but sadly we're 'new school' these days ;) just kidding those of us who are "aged" hahaha.....

My only chuckle is all that contras but sad when corps with considerably less are producing a much fuller, quality contra sound. Makes me kinda :( if you're gonna have that MANY out there and it's just wasted metal.

Otherwise very proud of these hard working fellas keep it coming Scouts!

The Fan Network does not do service to the low brass sound....it's much better in person....so certainly not a waste of metal! In total....they sound a whole pile better than the past few years....much more mature sounding. Also....they are not running out of gas at the end of the show....which has been the case over the past 3 years.

I am certain they will be quite the powerhouse come August!

Hmm, if I know Brad Green (pretty sure he's the one on tour not Donnie) then these boys are putting out sound already. I don't think his comment was about volume, but quality of sound.

They are both with the Scouts and have been for several weeks.

I was watching the fan network of Scouts thinking "wow this drill looks familiar". Then it came to me that it reminded me of Northview High School. I immediately went to Scouts staff page and their was Northview staff. The visual program as a whole is much better.

Funny, I don't see one name that matches the Titans (Northview H.S.) staff. Are you suggesting the Scout's ripped off the bands drill? And how awesome that you recall that bands drill! What a great memory you have. What year drill are you referring to?

BTW, the current Titans staff looks like some very highly educated, well trained staff that any corps might be well off having with them in some capacity.

They are both with the Scouts and have been for several weeks.

Actually Brad and Donnie have been at All the camps since last November and will be with the corps all summer.

Actually Brad and Donnie have been at All the camps since last November and will be with the corps all summer.

Frankly, that bodes extremely well for the Scouts.

I'm in Bloomington, IN for a couple of days and was lucky enough to catch parts of rehearsal today over at IU's football stadium. This morning they worked on encore tunes including The Way We Were and Brian's Song. Caught the last hour of rehearsal tonight including the final run. The corps sounds and looks great, the guys are working their tails off, and the staff has put together a really entertaining show IMO. I live in Madison and have seen the Scouts in spring training the past 6 years ago, and this is the strongest I've seen them during that time.

Can't wait till drums on parade.

regarding the cymbal issue, I don't think they have a cymbal line. About a half dozen guard members pick up plates for part of one tune and that's it.

Edited by ecamburn

I've been lurking for months. Can't make it to DOP - got gigs all weekend. I'm going to try and make the Cedarburg show.

I'm sure I helped stoke the fire in the hype the last few years, so I decided to sit back and just read and watch what happens.

I love the new uni's, while not too fond of the short sleeves.

I'm looking forward to a great year from the Scouts.

BTW - Scouts '96 still one of favorite shows of all time.

GO SCOUTS!!!

hE,HE,HA,HA, HE SAID LURKING! Keep up the good work guys. See everyone Saturday. Take the field. BYBO!

This video reminds me of all those long, sweaty, exhausting nights at camp. The thrill of playing with the full ensemble for the first time. Staff kicking your ###. Meeting all the new faces and sharing memories with old ones. Holding your horn up until your arms feel like they're going to break. And then holding your horn up some more. 6 hours in the car to and from camp. Going to class on Monday sore, tired and happy. Finally getting outside March-April-ish to learn some drill realizing it would all change by May. Realizing you could never have so much fun showering with a bunch of dudes. The 'click-click-buzz-groan' of morning wake up.

sigh... I miss being a member. I envy all those young people.

Ya had me, my friend, right up until the "March-April-ish" part....

As a west-coaster, we didn't have to wait that long... :tongue:

I disagree. You can compare different shows in a sense. It is not possible that those three corps are within 3 points of Cavies/PR. Period!

Yeah I agree, the only comparable scores in any meaningful sense are the ones from the same show on the same night. IMO not even scores from two different nights but one "show" like Allentown or San Antonio are comparable.

Edited by BozzlyB