Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I like the show.

i feel that there is something missing though

that hint of red in the unis.

:rock: what a smart aleck you are... <respect>

after all that #### you started in the sandbox here... MAN... if I sat next to you on the bus, you'd be bunched over your head. :tongue:

PM's sent...

:rock: what a smart aleck you are... <respect>

after all that #### you started in the sandbox here... MAN... if I sat next to you on the bus, you'd be bunched over your head. :tongue:

PM's sent...

lol hey someone had to be the funny guy.

Which Northview High School are you referring to? The Northview I'm familiar with (from Brazil, Ind.) are the Knights. Bob Medworth, who is Madison's visual caption supervisor, has a long history as band director with Northview High School (in Indiana). And, FWIW, I don't think the poster was suggesting that Madison "ripped off" Northview's drill, but rather was saying that the contributions of the Northview staff have greatly enhanced Madison's visual program.

Just watched the show on the Fan Network, and the drill is indeed much improved from the last few years. Love what they're doing in the drum solo, and got a real thrill out of these updated arrangements of old favorites. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the guys do this season!

Northview HS, TEXAS, Sue. The poster didn't indicate, so I wasn't sure either. I was just noticing how many people were posting, and even starting topics about several corps shows looking visually like some band shows. I read it differently than you did... seemed to imply to me the show was a redeux of a band show the poster saw... that's all. Band or corps, music and guard instructors and visual drill designers have to make a living, I know this. So where ever they can "sell their product" in this idiom is where they go.

Show me "spirit hands!" ... LOL :tongue:

I have been catching up on my reading. I can't help but feel a bit of disconnect with the corps being so far away. I'm excited for the summer. The drum finish is sweet, but from far away will look like plain white, which I really don't care for. The unis are fine by me, except looking at the drumline with short sleeves/gauntlets/and obviously no gloves, looks a bit odd. Won't be at DOP, am busy with kids/baseball etc.

Ah, well too bad you can't make it. Just so used to seeing the both of you in Scouts threads the past couple of seasons that it's been kinda odd not having you guys around!

I meant Northview, IN because they have the same drill writer.

I meant Northview, IN because they have the same drill writer.

Just like Gains writes for many H.S.

Just like BD looks like many H.S. in CA

you'd be bunched over your head.

________________________________________________________________________________

Bunched: a Madison Scout term....formal name "Honey bunch" .....meaning: a person having their underwear pulled up over their head. ......also see wedgie. Back in the day, smart rookies always wore really old worn out underwear so that the elastic would break before going into your cheeks!!!

Now back to you regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by Tupac