Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I look at this year as what it was intended to be, a back-to-basics,"here we go establishing the Madison Scouts identity and brand" year. . . and that's precisely what they've given us.

If you're underwhelmed this year, give it time. I have a feeling next year (especially if the Scouts hold firm and make Finals this year) will be a "step up" that some people might want.

Myself, I love the show and look forward to blowing out my speakers listening to it. :thumbdown:

I concur! I expect they will make finals....and, you are right....it will give them something to build on for next year....and many years to follow. Gotta start somewhere....and this year's version is a load better than the last 3....so I am good with the direction!

My Advice:

Light up your face with gladness,

Hide every trace of sadness.

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying.

You'll find that life is still worthwhile-

If you just smile. :thumbdown: ~C. Chaplin~

fyi, those lyrics are by Turner and Parsons. Chaplin wrote the melody.

fyi, those lyrics are by Turner and Parsons. Chaplin wrote the melody.

Cavies are playing the music,, it was about the music.

I couldn't whistle it on DCP.... :thumbdown: or add the synth, shot gun blast..

Edited by Cop

I concur! I expect they will make finals....and, you are right....it will give them something to build on for next year....and many years to follow. Gotta start somewhere....and this year's version is a load better than the last 3....so I am good with the direction!

i will people would stop saying scouts were not scouts the past three years...i marched in 08 and #### it we earned that seat in finals. i know every bit of what being a scout is...grr its just frustrating, we are not about numbers or placing.

i will people would stop saying scouts were not scouts the past three years...i marched in 08 and #### it we earned that seat in finals. i know every bit of what being a scout is...grr its just frustrating, we are not about numbers or placing.

FWIW, I agree with you. I really enjoyed that 2008 Scouts show and felt it resonated with a real "Madison Scouts" style.

Yes Brother, you most certainly earned that seat in Finals in 2008, and you most certainly

earned the right to be called a Madison Scout! :tongue:

Oh my! :tongue: No matter WHAT year a person was a Madison Scout, they were a Madison Scout irrevocably, unconditionally and without question or disdain.

I'm sure that holds true in any of the other corps out there (not just the Madison Scouts) that also place a high value on being a member of their organization, with alumni that will forever be proud to have been in that organization, and as you say has absolutely NOTHING to do with a score or placement earned in any given year of competition.