Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I've loved the Scouts over the past few years. Hell, I was one of the only people who defended their super hero guard uniforms....but

This year's show just isn't doing it for me. When I come to a drum corps show I wanna see things I don't see elsewhere. I want louder then I've ever heard (wall of sound? so far it's more of a fence.) I'm sorry. If I wanted to hear a so-so arrangement of Gershwin played decently well I can go to some BOA dvds and hear it performed better.

I have never been disappointed by the Madison Scouts. This year I have. And let me tell ya it's a no bueno feeling to have.

There's always at least one...... :thumbdown:

I've loved the Scouts over the past few years. Hell, I was one of the only people who defended their super hero guard uniforms....but

This year's show just isn't doing it for me. When I come to a drum corps show I wanna see things I don't see elsewhere. I want louder then I've ever heard (wall of sound? so far it's more of a fence.) I'm sorry. If I wanted to hear a so-so arrangement of Gershwin played decently well I can go to some BOA dvds and hear it performed better.

I have never been disappointed by the Madison Scouts. This year I have. And let me tell ya it's a no bueno feeling to have.

To quote from your own signature, " . . . but in the end it's just music. And music should never be this stressful."

What is your point then, and what is the point of making it?

I have never been disappointed by the Madison Scouts.

Well, I have. And this year ain't it!

(NOTE: I've never been disappointed in the corps, itself, but there have been some less-than-stellar programs in the past few years that I did find underwhelming.)

I look at this year as what it was intended to be, a back-to-basics,"here we go establishing the Madison Scouts identity and brand" year. . . and that's precisely what they've given us.

If you're underwhelmed this year, give it time. I have a feeling next year (especially if the Scouts hold firm and make Finals this year) will be a "step up" that some people might want.

Myself, I love the show and look forward to blowing out my speakers listening to it. :thumbdown:

All the guys I know said how much harder they're working, but they're also having much more fun. Attitudes were great. 6pm rehearsal started at 6 on the button. Guys were individually being held accountable for mistakes. I really haven't seen that in the past 8 years of watching Scouts rehearsals.

I have to wonder if you were really watching many rehearsals the past 8 years. I got to see MANY during those years and being held accountable for mistakes was not a problem. The 2005 corps had some very "intense" sessions...and some great shows!

I have to wonder if you were really watching many rehearsals the past 8 years. I got to see MANY during those years and being held accountable for mistakes was not a problem. The 2005 corps had some very "intense" sessions...and some great shows!

Please see my other post on this matter, I believe I cleared things up a bit. And yes, I watched many '05 rehearsals at UW-Whitewater - very intense. Keep in mind these are just my opinions.

You don't have to wonder is was really watching. I was there, and I was.

I marched in 89' and played Slaughter. I like this version better - drill and music. The first time I saw it (on Fannetwork) I wasn't sure what to think. The second time I picked up a lot more on what they were trying to do.

I think this is a great year for the Scouts and I'm really proud of the work they are doing.

Go Scouts!!!!

BOA - - BAHHH! :thumbdown:

My Advice:

Light up your face with gladness,

Hide every trace of sadness.

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying.

You'll find that life is still worthwhile-

If you just smile. :thumbdown: ~C. Chaplin~

Now then, I'm off to see SCV and BD and the rest, This will be my 25 season of viewing these guys live, and more corps later in the season. I consider myself lucky, no matter what these shows are like, I will be very happy and Muy Bueno.

Edited by Cop