Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I don't think anyone said the Scouts were not the Scouts over the past 3 years...

Unfortunately, some people, alumni included, do feel this way. But in my experience, they seem to be in the minority.

But think about what it's like to go to a BD reunion without a ring :smile:

Unfortunately, some people, alumni included, do feel this way. But in my experience, they seem to be in the minority.

But think about what it's like to go to a BD reunion without a ring :smile:

Lol, "oh you marched THAT year..." (stare at my back)...

I'm sure that doesn't happen but it's still funny.

Czapinski had them way down in vis GE, so that's a bit of a concern.

bit of Trivia - Czapinski wrote Madison's drill in 1978. Check it out.

Hey Vince, what is it with the Czapinski's? Anyone can readily check it out that "team" Czapinski have been down on the Scouts for more than a few years,...but at least they're consistent! People have speculated for years that there was some sort of falling out between team Czapinski and the Scouts shortly after they worked with us in 78'.....I even went as far as to ask Gary's sister about it many moons ago to see if there was any validity to the stories. As I recall, she acknowledged that there were "issues", but she didn't want to go into any detail and made it sound like it was an ugly situation. I'd hate to think that after all these years there's some sort of personal vendetta playing out on the "sheets" directed towards the Scouts.

Edited by Mad75

I thought the '08 show was great, and that Danzon was one of those "all-time" Madison songs. Really.

Mike

Now that was a fun part of the show for sure.

Hey Vince, what is it with the Czapinski's? Anyone can readily check it out, "team" Czapinski has been down on the Scouts for quite a few years.....at least they're consistent! People have speculated for many years that there was some sort of falling out between team Czapinski and the Scouts shortly after they worked with us in 78'.....I even asked Gary's sister about it quite some time ago to see if she knew anything about it. As I recall, she definitely acknowledged that there were "issues", but she didn't want to go into any detail and made it sound like it was a very ugly situation. I'd hate to think that after all these years that there's some sort of personal vendetta playing out on the field of competition towards the Scouts.

I'm not really in the "know" about that kind of stuff. I just know we had a pretty nice drill that year. I know he wrote it. Maybe there were payment issues or maybe Atchison made some changes he didn't like.

I looked it up, we were 5th in visual GE with a 9.7 out of 10. Beat PR.

A lot of current judges were members/instructors/designers for various corps. I noticed that Richard Saucedo, Cavies brass arranger for most of 2000s, was doing music GE at the same show. DCI obviously has a very lenient policy with regard to conflict of interest. If judges can't be objective, they should recuse themselves.

Edited by vferrera

since people have been talking about how "easy" the Scouts' show is this year, and how "much more physically demanding" the other corps' shows are, I just gotta throw this out there...

look at any of Madison's shows in like the last decade. Look at how much more they are moving than anyone else. hell, in 06 members of other corps had nicknamed them "track team Madison" because of how much they were moving! score-wise, did they get more recognition for this? nope.

anyways, the show is fantastic guys! keep it up!!!

.85 from Blue Stars :smile:

Not only that, but they beat them in guard, a caption they have struggled with in recent years. Impressive!