Hate calling my own shot......but....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and just about every All State Band in the country is taking a crack at in January and February.....

That's more like "strike one" to me than a reason to be excited about it, but, to each his own.

We had the Hazo fetish for a few seasons. . .now I guess it's time for Mackey to be the flavor of the week.

MORE ANGRY DRUM CORPS WITH NO MELODY.

AT LEAST TILL 3:33 OF THE RECORDING.

How can you say this has no melody? Maybe it's not the same as regular simple pop music, but it's definitely VERY melodic. I personally enjoy that it's complex, because I like listening to (and playing) shows that are difficult. I'll listen to the radio if I want to hear something boring and repetitive.

I'll take it so long as I never have to hear another Eric Whitacre tune butchered by a drum corps ever again.

MORE ANGRY DRUM CORPS WITH NO MELODY.

AT LEAST TILL 3:33 OF THE RECORDING.

Ya...there's a melody there. Just because it's not obvious to you doesn't mean it isn't so. Not every piece has a simple melody. Most of the best composers of the 19th and 20th centuries have built their careers around taking a single melody and transforming it and passing it around to where it can be played by 5 different voices in 3 different styles and all you hear "the first time around" is the obvious one.

Had never heard of this piece, but as soon as I heard it, I can already hear the drill in my head.

So good!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

Soooo, how exactly does that drill sound? :worthy:

Had never heard of this piece, but as soon as I heard it, I can already hear the drill in my head.

So good!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

:worthy::smile::cool:

:doh:

What?
Soooo, how exactly does that drill sound? :worthy:

Ditto.

I know. It's very metropolitan, don't you think?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nice. Hope Bluecoats do good this year

How can you say this has no melody? Maybe it's not the same as regular simple pop music, but it's definitely VERY melodic. I personally enjoy that it's complex, because I like listening to (and playing) shows that are difficult. I'll listen to the radio if I want to hear something boring and repetitive.

In western classical music, composers often introduce an initial melody, or theme, and then create variations. Classical music often has several melodic layers, called polyphony, such as those in a fugue, a type of counterpoint. Often, melodies are constructed from motifs or short melodic fragments, such as the opening of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Richard Wagner popularized the concept of a leitmotif: a motif or melody associated with a certain idea, person or place.

Its just angry .

sorry.. :worthy:

Just an opinion.