Cadets new uniform preview from DeMoulin

It's looks the same to me.....which is a good thing. I wished some other corps would stick to one design with very little change not to disrupt their style or identity.

That's what I like about corps from 30 years ago. Uniforms didn't change so drastically and you knew which corps was who. Simple, but not so outlandish.

Just my 2¢

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but when The Cadets bring in the Woodwinds, I think the uniforms on the right and left will be competing costumes. But it's a good question. Maybe The Cadets have decided to go now with the purple costumes. Time will tell. Things change. Change is good, and I like the purple costume on the right better than the costume on the left, should the Cadets decide to chuck 70 years of history and go with some new threads.

whew! :smile:

I think I prefer to remain a member of the "Maroon and Gold club" rather than a "Purple and White club"

You beat me too it Sam! I still have fingers bleeding from pinning together my uni in 83 and 84... At least we got new jackets in 85.

Anyway, happy to see that the buttons and real epaulets are still there.

85? I always thought it was 87 when the new jackets came in....that was when the drop sash was shortened and the plume got a tiny bit smaller, as I recall.

And it was shiny too. During the alumni weekend in August I met an alumnus who had kept a sash from the 80s. It was the coolest thing I ever saw.

Like this from 84.

Garf_drums.jpg

'Course, they were also somewhat beat up....check out the wear spot on the right hand guy...looks like too any years of a horn going to parade rest on it.

The new jackets (and shorter drop sashes) came in 85.

Like this from 84.

Garf_drums.jpg

'Course, they were also somewhat beat up....check out the wear spot on the right hand guy...looks like too any years of a horn going to parade rest on it.

I can smell those uniforms from here. Do you remember smelling us on retreat? We had about 5-6 layers of satin inside those old heavy wool jackets. There was no drying them out in a season with up to 45 performances (83). It did give us some extra space on Olympic retreats, though. :smile:

The one thing I've always thought about The Cadets' uniforms is the longer the look is around, the more contemporary it looks. Why do you think that is?

It's truly timeless.