Cadets new uniform preview from DeMoulin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A LOT less safety pins holding the unis together??

You beat me too it Sam! I still have fingers bleeding from pinning together my uni in 83 and 84... At least we got new jackets in 85.

Anyway, happy to see that the buttons and real epaulets are still there.

demoulin was the manufacturer of the uniforms until 2003.

the "old" jackets were 90% wool, 10% dacron, and all four uniform parts were held together by nine safety pins.

here's to pinning, bloody fingers, and pulling your uniform out of the truck, only to find it still soaked with sweat from the night before...

holy name!

I did like look of that longer sash that they used up until the the mid 80s but that's just being picky.

Edited by skajerk

demoulin was the manufacturer of the uniforms until 2003.

the "old" jackets were 90% wool, 10% dacron, and all four uniform parts were held together by nine safety pins.

here's to pinning, bloody fingers, and pulling your uniform out of the truck, only to find it still soaked with sweat from the night before...

holy name!

Instead of 9 pins, there are 3 nowadays, if I remember correctly. Maybe an extra just in case...

I did like look of that longer sash that they used up until the the mid 80s but that's just being picky.

And it was shiny too. During the alumni weekend in August I met an alumnus who had kept a sash from the 80s. It was the coolest thing I ever saw.

Instead of 9 pins, there are 3 nowadays, if I remember correctly. Maybe an extra just in case...

The best part was that when we got the new (aka crappy) unis in 2003 that were supposed to eliminate all those problems, we still had to pin the sash and cumberbund in place because it kept moving around. I remember walking off the field at an early show and trying hard not to laugh at rick browns 'tail'. There was also the matching 'appendage' for when the sash slid around to the front.

The plume looks.... plume-ier.

They dropped the fountain plume again? :( I always liked it.