Best show that told a story

Once again the topic is self-explanitory I was bored with the cleanest show so here's the best story telling show, post and debate at will, my personal views are:

My top two are between Phantom 08 and Devs 09, Phantom had a great story line (even though it was way off from the movie and actual history) and the Devs told quite a bit of American History revolving around the great depression era.

My Next one in line would have to be between Crown 07 and Cadets 09, yes Cadets 09 way outperformed Crown in 07, but Cadets little west side thing I could really follow since I know the play, and Crown 07 was a great show design revolving around the horse race wich I still like to watch.

Now what im not sure quite qualifies but im putting down anyways are these two being Cavies 04 and 02, because in 04 it had the auror of James Bond in everyway, and I just thought when seeing the drill and hearing the music the movies come to mind so I thought of it as a bit qualified. Also in 02 I just though that overall it relates to all the fighting and war movies we watch when you really think about it.

Feel free to input ideas and debate, just please don't blow up the gas station

(a little joke about flaming someone if ya didnt catch it) :tongue:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom 08

However there have been many years that I thought the Cadets really came close with "Strike up the Band" :tongue:

Phantom 2008 by far.

BD 2009 was trying to tell a story? Maybe that's why I never really "got" the show.

Well, its about the roaring 20's after WWI and everyone you know in prosperity, horse and buggy dying away by 1930, then the big stock market crash, then the resurgence and people back in prosperity again

I'd go with Phantom Regiment 2008. It really captured the hearts of everyone who watched that show.

BD 2009 was trying to tell a story? Maybe that's why I never really "got" the show.

If you have DCI Fan Network, watch Scott Chandler's commentary on the show from San Antonio. It starts to make more sense when you do hear what he says....

If you have DCI Fan Network, watch Scott Chandler's commentary on the show from San Antonio. It starts to make more sense when you do hear what he says....

If you have to hear commentary about it in order to understand it, then it wasn't the show that best told a story.

:tongue:

Phantom '08

Phantom '06

Yep. I' throw in Cadets 2005, Crown 2007, Bluecoats 2007, Bluecoats 2008, and Crown 2009 to that mix, too. Nothing tops Spartacus in my book, though.