Volume level of the World Class Corps

crown always seems to be one of the loudest, I have gone to the allentown show for 2 years now and its like a couple weeks until finals so volumes are in and wow Crown in 09 blew me away! very loud! amazing sound! same with cadets! have fun at finals i wanna go someday!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol xD Dang I couldn't imagine it being that loud >.< Yeah this tells me alot :O But is it a good kind of loud... or the bad sounding loud?

It is definitely a good loud.

Gotta love LOUD. :thumbup:

Everyone who has seen Cadets live can honestly say it is a LOUD corps. Personally I would also add that Crown's hornline has POWER, especially since I first saw them in 2006.

You won't hear a lot of big volume from the Blue Devils or Cavaliers, IMO....it's not a bad thing but it all depends on their qualities of sound, instrumentation, etc....

I can sense this topic turning into a G vs Bb debate.

No no no, it's still better than a "woodwind" loud :thumbup:

( I've never heard of woodwind balls , brass balls yes, woodwind, no )

Edited by The Other Mike

Okay Hi guys! :D Thanks for responding to my previous post with the famous drill moves [< helped me alot.

Okay so here's my problem...

I have never been to a DCI Finals in my life D: I was entering high school when DCI Finals was in California... but I couldn't get a ticket x.x D: Sadness.... anyway. My dad and I have been planning to go to Finals in Indy and I've been thinking....

How loud are the corps o-o

I mean... I've been to DCI comps before... but they are always so early in the season, so volume is never really added at this point x.x And I am always curious to how loud the corps are at the end of the season! The loudest corps I listened to was The Academy 2009... and to tell you the truth. It wasn't what I expected at this point x\ I was hoping for something louder, but then again, it was early season xD

So yeah.... I'm just really curious as to...

1) Who is(are) the loudest corps in World Class

2) How loud are they? (in comparison to everyday sounds)

3) Where should I aim to sit in order to receive the greatest impact of sound :O

Thanks for answering if you do!

:D

ALSO! to you crazy dcp'ers out there... Try ranking the corps like.. 1-22? in volume :D XD That'd be awesome if you could... :D

Well, I'd say its between Crown, Cadets, Devs, and maybe Phantom when they pull back up

Cant really compare, its more of an experience, basically as loud as you dreamed you could get in marching band back in high school

sit about middle center on the 50, thats where I was, if your in the front/middle then youll get alot more of an eaful, the higher you are themore of level 3 youll get, and you see more drill, but right in the middle/a touch high you get at alot of sund and you see the drill, thats where I sit at Murfreesboro.

Well, I'd say its between Crown, Cadets, Devs, and maybe Phantom when they pull back up

Cant really compare, its more of an experience, basically as loud as you dreamed you could get in marching band back in high school

sit about middle center on the 50, thats where I was, if your in the front/middle then youll get alot more of an eaful, the higher you are themore of level 3 youll get, and you see more drill, but right in the middle/a touch high you get at alot of sund and you see the drill, thats where I sit at Murfreesboro.

that's the section i always sit in, but a few rows down which = more sound!!!

I go more to hear the music than to see drill.

So, as long as I'm not too low [ie on flat ground] I'm pretty happy.

I loved the seats I had at Murfreesboro this past summer.

6332_111563497107_512852107_2764414_3739974_n.jpg

6332_111563587107_512852107_2764429_4480707_n.jpg