Brigadiers 2010 Announcement

I'll second what everyone else has said. Come back strong in 2011, Brigs!

Fran

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unfortunate. I think this is a direct result of our economy and the sad situation this state is in. It is causing everyone to re evaluate everything they do.

I do think that the mini corps idea is something that just might take off in ways many never thought of. Many corporations, schools etc are scaling down their operations and drum corps are really no different. I am sure the Brigs would use this as a perfect time to get into the local schools, perform at different local functions to get back in the public eye. While doing this they still can get their fill during DCA weekend.

I also think that there are many people who play locally within the Brigadiers rehearsal site that might find it interesting to do this mini corps thing. Many of us have a performing itch, just not the time to commit to a field program, or the financial cost that comes with a field schedule.

Although no one wants to hear a corps going "inactive" I for one am curious about the new direction it could go and the endless positive possiblities that could come from it.

This is unfortunate. I think this is a direct result of our economy and the sad situation this state is in. It is causing everyone to re evaluate everything they do.

I do think that the mini corps idea is something that just might take off in ways many never thought of. Many corporations, schools etc are scaling down their operations and drum corps are really no different. I am sure the Brigs would use this as a perfect time to get into the local schools, perform at different local functions to get back in the public eye. While doing this they still can get their fill during DCA weekend.

I also think that there are many people who play locally within the Brigadiers rehearsal site that might find it interesting to do this mini corps thing. Many of us have a performing itch, just not the time to commit to a field program, or the financial cost that comes with a field schedule.

Although no one wants to hear a corps going "inactive" I for one am curious about the new direction it could go and the endless positive possiblities that could come from it.

It's almost like you sat in during our staff meeting ;-)

It's almost like you sat in during our staff meeting ;-)

that door is opened... now drive the truck through it... sounds like a certain CNY band director who used to play lead for Crossman (and Rochester Crusaders) just volunteered...

Sad news. I'm sure Don Wahl is looking down with a tear in his eye...

This is indeed very sad news

I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, and am still dreaming that it won't. Truly a dark day for drum corps. Someone in one of the threads mentioned the possibility of Empire benefiting from this, but that would only be bitter-sweet with the loss of Cru and now Brigs in the same season. Good luck Brigs, see you next year!

Nobody benefits from this. It hurts the whole activity.