Not to clutter the Brigs thread

Thought ES had a pretty full corps last few years. Maybe fill in here and there but not so many more bodies that you'd really notice.

Still in shock that Cru and Brigs are both off this year..... Hope this isn't going to be a trend.

Also consider that anybody marching Statesmen HAS to go on the San Fran trip, too. Kind of hard to plan that trip into your schedule at this point in the year, especially with the economy the way it is.

I'd heard rumors that Brigs were having issues and might have to take a year off. I do applaud the decision to keep the corps active in the mini-corps and parade arenas. With the growth of the Small Drum Corps Association (SDCA) in the Midwest and Mini-Corps Associates (MCA) in the East, there are some great performance opportunities for any corps which puts out a mini-corps, regardless of their competitive status.

I'll be watching for the Brigs on the convention center stage in Rochester.

Sorry to here about the brigs but people close to the corps knew it was coming.Also rumor has it the San Fran trip is off due to "money issues"but like my previous thread said" wait for it" :grouphug:

Go away and stay away.

Fran

I don't know, Sal. . .

for someone who claims to have been with so many corps, then now identifies himself with comedy, I'd say, you don't have much of a "dog in this fight."

DCA has always been about its people, its fraternity. Somehow, Sal, I don't see you a part of what makes the rest of us so concerned about the latest news from Brigs. Sal, I'm truly sorry DCA didn't work for you. But, there's always bowling, fishing. Maybe even, Solitaire.

(what Fran said)

I don't know, Sal. . .

for someone who claims to have been with so many corps, then now identifies himself with comedy, I'd say, you don't have much of a "dog in this fight."

DCA has always been about its people, its fraternity. Somehow, Sal, I don't see you a part of what makes the rest of us so concerned about the latest news from Brigs. Sal, I'm truly sorry DCA didn't work for you. But, there's always bowling, fishing. Maybe even, Solitaire.

(what Fran said)

Fred, even THIS guy, tacky as he appears, is entitled to an opinion.... problem is:

I don't see an "opinion"....

I see "gloating".

Edited by hairbear

We have had a full corps every year, winning brass with 40-50 horns. This year we ended up with a lot more. Marching 60+. This was before the Brigs decision to fold!

Hopefully they can come back strong in 2011. Another fellow NY corps gone:(

Sorry to here about the brigs but people close to the corps knew it was coming.Also rumor has it the San Fran trip is off due to "money issues"but like my previous thread said" wait for it" :grouphug:
Here it is folks, the gospel according to Sal.

5. Statesmen - Sorry guys. I know your track record but there's lots of good talent in front of you. (Rebuiding year)

My final rankings are

Statesmen(5th horns)

my predictions for corps placement has been 98% for the past 7 years good luck to all and prove me wrong.Captions were an added bonus this year.

Your anti-Empire bias is showing. Go update your "98%" prediction percentage while David Bruni worries about the Statesmen.

Y'know - Ed's original question was answered a long time ago, and this thread has gone way off the original topic and where it really need not go.

Closing and referring all conversation to the other Brigs thread.