New Uniforms!

Um, can we somehow talk about the Blue Stars' new uniforms? Thanks.

Mike

Yes... Thank you Mike.... lets talk about the new uniform.. Im sure that it will be

impressive, and very distinctive. And, because we're dealing with the drum corps

audience, Im sure many will like it and Im sure of at least 1 person that wont.

Hummmm wonder who that will be. ????

Anyways.. it should be a great season for drum corps. I am looking forward to the

Minneapolis Regional. Great new venue for a great regional.

Well.. didnt we not too long ago, right on the 50 in the middle of the field, get to see the "couple" sitting

around ...living room style.. while members wearing maroon and gold marching all around them..?

Maybe he was a therapist ? Strangly, between musical phrases, the "couple" chatted with each other about

their lives and made the whole show ....... oh, just so entertaining ! :blink:

HiJakZZ :tongue:

Ask others... Im sure the word "entertaining" will be the first word/adjective

when they are asked about that show.....

...um... yeah, uh huh !!

I'm all for it--the current two-tone jobbers never really did it. Looked like spokesmen for Lincoln automobiles. Phantom never won with their two-tone uni bitd either.

Needs a red plume. Silver buckle. Cross straps. Something. They are going to tear it up this year and new unis will further them along. Like it did for SCV '73. We can only hope.

Did you mean SCV in 72?

Garry in Vegas

Well.. didnt we not too long ago, right on the 50 in the middle of the field, get to see the "couple" sitting

around ...living room style.. while members wearing maroon and gold marching all around them..?

Maybe he was a therapist ? Strangly, between musical phrases, the "couple" chatted with each other about

their lives and made the whole show ....... oh, just so entertaining ! :tongue:

I think it's funny when people try and bash something but know so little about it they portray the whole scene incorrectly.

Lol. This I believe.

Yes... Thank you Mike.... lets talk about the new uniform.. Im sure that it will be

impressive, and very distinctive. And, because we're dealing with the drum corps

audience, Im sure many will like it and Im sure of at least 1 person that wont.

Hummmm wonder who that will be. ????

Anyways.. it should be a great season for drum corps. I am looking forward to the

Minneapolis Regional. Great new venue for a great regional.

poke..poke.........poke...

I believe I like new uniforms and Sara Jones.

That should cover it.

I like new uniforms as well, as often as every year if need be for a corps, although i realize the expense involved. To me what defines a corps and an organization is the quality of product they put out year after year. A uniform can be, and occasionally is used successfully by corps as another visual tool to enhance the production for that season. This is an often overlooked opportunity by several corps. I'm not even saying the Blue Stars utilize uniforms in this way necessarily, but it's just rather a general statement of opinion. I think what Star did with uniforms in the late 80's early 90's was a brilliant example of this. Can you imagine if they had stuck with their first uniforms for traditions sake? Something about pink uniforms for Bartok just doesn't sit right. The circus, Scottish, and patriotic shows were all hugely supported by the look of the corps proper, and while they took a ton of heat from DCI fans back then, they've grown into an icon of DCI over the years based on everyone recognizing how awesome their shows were, not by one particular look.

Edited by BozzlyB

I think it's funny when people try and bash something but know so little about it they portray the whole scene incorrectly.

the whole point of that statement was the fact that the whole show had to march around this "deterant" on the

50, for which people in the stands were thinking "what in the he11 is this?????"

So, if you'd like to "fill me in", maybe others as well, for that point, since that show was Oh so popular.... (well, at least w/the consession stands, as they were really busy whenever this show appeared, or seemed to be from watching the

other drum corps fans....). since you seem to know oh so much here, please do tell.... I'd be more then happy to

hear what you had to tell me about that "show", so that I can go and watch the DVD, and STILL try to understand what exactly this was all about in the first place. I will however try to put the visual obstuction past me, and listen to the music over the verbage.

Did I say I cant wait to see the Blue Stars new uni's ??