KILTIES play on all Gs.

Pardon my lack of this knowledge, but who was the last corps to win a DCA or DCI championship with G horns? Not the brass caption...but the championship.

Edited by VOReason

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon my lack of this knowledge, but who was the last corps to win a DCA or DCI championship with G horns? Not the brass caption...but the championship.

Bb's weren't legal until 2000 for DCI, and legalized in DCA some time later. So not really that long ago from a certain POV. The real question is has there been a DCA champoin on G's since Bb's were made legal?

For DCI, it was the Cavaliers. It should be noted that they tied the Cadets that year. It should also be noted that the Cadets played Bb's that year and won the brass title... so...

No DCI group pitched in G has won the brass caption over a hornline pitched in Bb.

As for DCA... my knowledge isn't as well versed, but I am sure someone can answer that for me. :thumbup:

Bb's weren't legal until 2000 for DCI, and legalized in DCA some time later. So not really that long ago from a certain POV. The real question is has there been a DCA champoin on G's since Bb's were made legal?

Won a championship ,,Empire Statesmen 2004

Won a brass caption on G bugles in 08 or 09.

I wonder if the kids today have ever in their life played a 2 valve, key of G bugle.

I'm 24 and own a 2 valve Olds Ultratone Bari...

The Commandant's Own use 2v Gs specially made for them by Kanstul!!!

They are REALLY nice horns! They bought a new set a few years ago, and with the help of Kenny Norman, I was lucky enough to snag one of the old 2-valve mellophones. It's my favorite horn. :thumbup:

I believe Empire shared the trophy with Bucs in 07, and won outright in 08.

I believe they became legal in 03?

Not sure about 03 or 04 who won the caption

Bucs in 05 - Bb's

Bush in 06 - Bb's

Empire/Bucs in 07 - G/Bbs

Empire in 08 - G's

Bucs in 09 - Bbs

Kilties brass line has not been a problem...they have good players and good teachers. Mike M is doing a great job there!

DA