Corps Status Checks

Interesting... I thought that DCA was the only part of drum corp that was growing and that was a reason why they did not need to combine or work together with DCI........Sure looks like a lot of DCA corps are also experiencing difficulties.......Interesting.........

even tho it costs a weekend only corps about 1/10 of what it costs a junior corps to operate, it is still a huge obstacle,................

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This this reminds me of my first year in dca (1992) when I made the mistake of walking past their busses. I was told that I am going to get my face smashed into the pavement. I don't blame the corps. I blame the one member who said that. I have to admit that they became a very freindly bunch by the mid 90's.

-------------------------------------------------

It is posts like this that #### me off. :tongue: The hidden message comes shining through.

Yes things happened in the past and let's leave them there, okay?

Bringing all this "old dirt" (1992?????) up helps nothing, particularly the Sky Administration who continue to try and claw their way back.

It begs the question : What is your real message here? Don't go to Sky if you are looking for a place to march? They are thugs! Tell us.

For those spending countless hours trying to bring Sky back, it is a slap in the face , and certainly a slap in the face to fellow Skyliners past and present.

If this incident had such an impact on you, first let me apologize (unless what you got was deserved), then offer advice to you to go see a shrink and get some help :tongue: . That goes for anyone else that wants to throw some mud balls at Sky about things that happened years and years ago.

I know most of the guys from the past, and certainly know the guys that have been around the corps in the past few years even better.

I can tell you they are all good people, regardless of whatever theatrics happened , or happens.

When we are under the weather, we try to help others, providing equipment to corps like Bush, Excelsior, Bridgemen, and others. Yeah, real bad boys aren't we.

I recently had to step down as business Manager for health reasons. I wish Angel the best in trying to get Sky up and running again, and suggest if you want to know what is going on with Sky, contact him directly.

Best of luck to all the corps under the weather right now - I wish you all the best!

Dan

Edited by skybusmgr

He had no hidden message. Sometime you people read so much crap into what someone says. Someone posted something and he remembered how he felt back THEN. He referenced it. That is all. Why is it that some of you are so sensitive over things long past??? :tongue:

He had no hidden message. Sometime you people read so much crap into what someone says. Someone posted something and he remembered how he felt back THEN. He referenced it. That is all. Why is it that some of you are so sensitive over things long past??? :tongue:

So by ending your rant with :w00t: , what is it you are trying to say Liz, that I need a shrink?

:tongue:

Edited by skybusmgr

For what it's worth, I know how Dan feels. You can drag up historical showings of downright stupidity for almost any corps. Admit it... none of us are truly angels. Most of us have (at one time or another) had to try and dispel the myth that ALL senior corps are beer-swilling, foul-mouthed, lazy, slow, etc... old guys. As difficult as that can be, it's even harder sometimes when people make comments like "oh yeah - I remember the Skyliners. What a bunch of ###holes!" Having been part of just one of the many FAMILIES that have marched with Sky over the recent years, I can verify that it isn't 1972 or even 1992 anymore. We all have to grow up sometime.

Amen Sayre.

Peace to all and to all a good night!

I judged all through the 80ies and was DCA judge coordinater from 88 to 93. I never had anymore problems with the Skyliners than any other Corps. I was often invited to their after glow parties. Bill Holton and I had many fruitful conversation with Coz and Micky for the betterment of all corps.

Rumors can get out of hand! I would hope everyone hopes Sky gets back on the field.

"GO SKY"

So by ending your rant with :tongue: , what is it you are trying to say Liz, that I need a shrink?

:tongue:

i would think you would hold yourself above the fray. i get you don't like derogatory things said against sky. i wouldn't like it either but you know the truth about your corps. let the others speak up . when your a bussiness manager for a corps just let it go by. siglow and lisko made the point and very well i might add. i don't like what people say either. it's way to long ago and we are supposed to be better people then that. for me it was 72 but ya know who cares. i always loved sky and i got over it. lets all let this dog lay.

Bill? lol

and I thought I was old