Should I get the fan network?

So with my pay comin in from my new job and all, should I get the fan network? Are there any down sides to it, and is it worth the 40 bucks? Edit: Also, what's the drum corps world magazine like?

Edited by 76strad

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find DCI Fan Network very much worth the money. I get to see shows progress and change over time and it keeps me linked in to this activity I love. I say go for it.

So with my pay comin in from my new job and all, should I get the fan network? Are there any down sides to it, and is it worth the 40 bucks? Edit: Also, what's the drum corps world magazine like?

I say do it. I just recently got into drum corps a few years ago and am still in the "learning" process. Buying the fan network helped me learn more about corps and what style they play. Plus its really nice to watch your favorite shows whenever you want! The only downside to it (which is not really that big of a deal) is you cant watch the latest finals until the next years finals... So you have to wait until 2010 finals is over to watch 2009 finals (this way people still buy the finals DVDs) I say $40 for a year of unlimited drum corps is totally worth every penny!

I think they need to drop this "Expires in April" Crap and offer fan network up until the first Webcast streaming event of the Summer for those of us that bought from June on ..the summer before.

We don't have a lot of shows in our neck of the woods, so FN gives me a chance to see corps that don't make it out this way without having to wait for championships. You can also check out shows from years past without having to buy the "Legends" DVD's, worth it if you are only looking for one or two shows from particular years.

As long as you have a good, strong 2+ Mbps broadband connection, so that the video presentations streamplay without stuttering, it is definitely worth the money. Highly recommended.

Or if you get a true 30Mbps connection like me, it works great. :tongue:

But anyway, yes, the Fan Network is definitely worth the money. I was a little skeptical when I first bought it two years ago, but DCI has hooked me on it, and I plan on buying a membership from now until DCI stops offering it.

Definitely. I enjoy seeing how the different corps shows progress over the summer. The added bonus of free access to Finals shows back to the 70s is great.

Edited by SFZFAN

I'm renewing mine because I don't have any big shows within 800 miles of me.

I don't really use the Fan Network for watching or listening to past DCI stuff. But, I plan to watch all of the Fan Network regional broadcasts, so it ends up being worth it for me