How about some new Six Words.......

"What exactly are the six words?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize in advance to my fellow Bluecoats, but HERE are the REAL six words:

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-th...and-bugle-corps

I actually found that yesterday when I was google searching Six Words just for fun. Put a smile on my face.

WAY better than their old tradition of finishing below (sometimes far below) 6th. PLENTY of corps would LOVE to have the tradition of finishing below 6th.

And not to be a jerk, but I'm sure your corps would've absolutely killed to have the tradition of finishing 6th (or even 12th, for that matter).

Sorry, about that last statement, but throwing out kind of a pseudo-subtle jab at a corps who has proven recently that they belong in Top 6 is crappy in its own right, but coming from a dude who marched in a corps that didn't ever make finals seems even worse. Perhaps you meant it in "good fun" and I'm just in a bad mood tonight, but it smacked of downright rudeness that made my eyes roll...

In case you're still wondering...yes it's just you being in a bad mood. The guy didn't say anything at all about the quality of the Bluecoats or his like or dislike for your corps. I thought it was witty and didn't see any slam at all. I think most others didn't see it as offensive. It will forever be hard to not be perceived as being a jerk when you begin a statement with "And not to be a jerk", and then proceed to say something super jerky. He was trying to be funny and you went over the top with hyper sensitivity and totally slammed him and his corps.

I can safely said the "proper" six words has not been been correctly stated

True.

The Trumpets/Sopranos have a sword, the name is Itawamba. Named after the city in Mississippi where the sopranos bought the sword.

Not as true. I'm reasonably sure the sword was purchased during the off season. It's amazing what you can get shipped to you on the internet. I can't remember why it's called Itawamba. 32 inch broadsword. We were going to upgrade it to a 60 inch claymore, but it would have been tricky to get on the field. Plus that's really more of a two- handed- from- a- horse kind of weapon.

Edited by John Schmitt

Not as true. I'm reasonably sure the sword was purchased during the off season. It's amazing what you can get shipped to you on the internet. I can't remember why it's called Itawamba. 32 inch broadsword. We were going to upgrade it to a 60 inch claymore, but it would have been tricky to get on the field. Plus that's really more of a two- handed- from- a- horse kind of weapon.

So get a horse?

:ph34r: