If your kids were going to march

1) Cavaliers - Efficient, long water breaks, lots of sleep, Best medical team in the activity, need I say more?

2) Cadets - Cant deny the awesome history cadets have, the discipline this corps has is unmatched.

3) Pioneer - Drum Corps country club, who cares where they place, they treat you right.

4) Blue Devils - Pains me to put them on my list but they are well taken care of with long water breaks and arguably the most sleep of any corps, probabaly the most loose corps out there.

5) Bluecoats - Great discipline, runs efficiently, I hear they have a lot of fun.

I'd keep away from Carolina Quarantine :tongue:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the exact same thing.

Oh, he got the job over 90 applicants including myself- and I didn't even get the interview even though I've got a Master's and worked two stints there as interim director and instructed there for 6 years. They wanted to kill the program, and he's going a smack-up job of it making 40+K a year while I throw boxes at UPS. :tongue:

A lot of districts are reacting virulently aganist competition programs. Heck-- a lot of them are looknig to ditch instrumental music altogether. It culd be the overall plan once he's knocked the program down to 20 or less kids from the 75 he started with to just trash the whole thing as a cost-cutting measure. I wouldn't put it past this district.

1. the corps that They want to march at.

Thank God someone finally posted the obvious...you can't choose the Corps for them...sometimes they can't even choose the Corps for themselves...a fine young horn captain from SCV (Amy) has once said that SCV chooses YOU...and actually, I think that is said for most any Corps except the ones who aren't fielding a full Corps by May...LOL(since even in championship years the Cadets have struggled preseason having to fill positions, at least back in the 80's/90's)

I marched both Bluecoats and Cadets...for many reasons...but i watched BD Cadets and SCV in 83-87 and I was hooked...here is the excerpt from Amy...enjoy 7:37...she speaks for us all...past present and future

your heart will ultimately bring you to your destiny...

1. Regiment

2. Crown

3. Cadets [no narration preferred]

4. Bluecoats

5. Blue Devils

That order. No, I'm not nuts. lol

I agree with this but I plan on influencing which corps they want to march from a very young age like my parents did with me and sports teams.

Then if they get to marching age and want to march somewhere else that is fine as long as they understand that I will no longer love them because of it and will be actively cheering for their corps to come in last place.

I'd let my son march anywhere he wanted to. But there are a few, some of which are mentioned here, that I would strongly discourage. While many have a strong work ethic, great rehearsal technique, good food and enough water breaks etc..., some of those same corps condone/ignore other behavior that most parents clearly woudn't want their kids involved with.

That's the best answer. ( they could get their feet wet at INT too )