• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veteran - see how long I can go without getting called out from the box. have a perfect runthrough. have a perfect show.

age out - know my ####. make finals. make it through the duration of the season without getting injured.

These two are my goals this year. Along with having the most and best antics in the corps.

These two are my goals this year. Along with having the most and best antics in the corps.

We used to have special "Thoroughbred posterior " awards handed out in the Westshoremen at the end of the season dinner. A trophy with the butt end of a mule on top.

There was one moment when one guy yelled "Remember this one for the Thoroughbred posterio" trophy, guys!" and then proceeded to something insanely moronic and funny. He got one at the end of the year for that stunt. :blink:

At least there are still crazy people left in Corps. I was under a sinking suspicion that crazies had been weeded out and that the "Blue Collar" aspects of Corps had been stomped out with extreme prejudice. God Bless you, dude.

Good luck on your quest, and I hope your goofiness is of such high quality that it would have earned you a coveted "Thoroughbred Posterior" award in our corps.

If you need hints or advice, come to the "History of the Westshoremen" thread on the DCA Historical section of DCP. You will recieve tons of encouragement and advice from at least one winner of the award, and maybe you fill find some stories that will give you some ideas.... :blink:

PS- I did NOT win the award, I was thought of as one of the "quiet and well-mannered/boring" corps members... :blink:

Changed every year.

My first year was just survive every beating the staff gave us. Second year was get a complement from the box once a day. Third year: be THE example for others in the corps. Fourth year I tried getting my section a complement from the box at least once a day.

My last year was spent enjoying what I spent four years trying to get good at doing as much as possible.

This year: don't be the fng.

Edited by deloop

Since my wife and I took over the day-to-day operation of souvenir sales (we don't do the designing) for the Crossmen in 2007, we've made it our goal to bring in more revenue for the corps each year. In 2008 and 2009 we met that goal. Hopefully we will keep that streak going this year.

Or "What the hell was that?.... You know what, just reset, because there are no words that can describe just how bad that was."

mind you an F bomb or two (or four) may be mixed in there, that was just the PG version.

My personal favorite, when I was on staff, was I walked down onto the field after the final runthrough of the night and looked at the section I was teching and said, "I want you all to go to bed tonight reflecting on the train wreck you just performed. Do not repeat it"

They didn't. :ph34r:

Am I the only one who has winning as a goal. Drum corps really has changed.

My goals this year is to

1. March as well as Zach and Chris from Phantom Regiment.

2. Become a better player

3. Support the corps, including arguing with other corps

4. Help the rookies

5. Take the 3rd sop line into my own hands (of course unless Jimmy Steele tells them otherwise) and try to get our section as good as we can possibly be

6. Entertain the audience.

7. Receive multiple standing ovations.

8. Hear boo's at finals when/if other corps beat us

9. Win DCA

Edited by HighBrass09