DCI Countdown

Probably 30 or so patrons in the Castleton theater. I thought it was a great production. They really did a great job of tying the old and new together, as well as providing us great peeks at a couple corps for next year. Like Chris said, the Troopers vignette was pretty poignant, and I liked everything I saw and heard from the Bluecoats.

I'm sure some would have liked for more play of the older shows, but especially with the 2009 shows in high definition the presentation of the older shows is all the more lacking. The recordings just don't hold up for extended viewing on such a large screen, nor is the audio suited for the environment. The battery percussion in Cadets 1987 was especially painful. After seeing (and hearing) the difference, I can understand why DCI chose to feature high definition shows only.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im hoping i misunderstood...... during the production, it appeared there is to be no allentown/pa show?

Is it just me or do the Bluecoats and Boston Crusaders sound awesome already?

The group I was with thought the exact same thing. Pretty good stuff happening with both corps, it seems.

Fran

Show started at 7:05pm (almost 30 minutes early) here in the New Orleans area.  Glad we got to the theater early!

im hoping i misunderstood...... during the production, it appeared there is to be no allentown/pa show?

You must've missed hearing it.  They mentioned the Allentown show.

So, for what it's worth, I thought even though we had to drive 100 miles each way to see it, it was worth it. Probably 75 or 80 folks in the very nice theater in Fayatteville GA. Still love SCV's show the most, thought it was interesting that the commentator said so too. Boston was presented well, as were all the featured corps. Loved the historical aspects and Skyriders. Got to see my son on the big screen with him sitting beside me, FTW.

You must've missed hearing it.  They mentioned the Allentown show.

sorry, my wife said i missed when i took little evan to the boys room...thank you :)

About 30 at the Nashville show. Considering the Opry Mills location was under water still,,I was shocked. I guess people are sending a message to DCI that 12.50 is too much for this production. I won't pay more than that for quarterfinals if anyone is listening.