DCI Countdown

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for what it's worth, I thought even though we had to drive 100 miles each way to see it, it was worth it. Probably 75 or 80 folks in the very nice theater in Fayatteville GA. Still love SCV's show the most, thought it was interesting that the commentator said so too. Boston was presented well, as were all the featured corps. Loved the historical aspects and Skyriders. Got to see my son on the big screen with him sitting beside me, FTW.

I was there as well, wearing the CorpsVets 2009 show shirt.

The screen shut off in the middle of bd's show.

That happened in Benton Arkansas - were you at that location?

Edited by radiosteele

Just came back from the show in Mcallen, TX.

Great turn out. I'm really bad at estimating numbers, but I know for a fact a local high school which also consisted of some Genesis drum corps members came in a school bus with about 30 maybe even more people. I took 2 people, knew about 10 other people that were there, and there a lot more that attended. When people walked in a couple of minutes late they just sat in the rows up front because there wasn't a good chance you'd be able to find two seats together.

I got there early, it was great hearing all the corps music before the show....even got there early enough to where they were selecting the countdown off the dish network feed.

Much like everybody else I'm pretty exitcing for Bluecoats show. I'm really glad that Metropolis the movie was an inspiration for the show, I like the uniform change a lot, and really like the music.

:plain: Crown.

Which was the main reason I went to the countdown to see it on the big screen and experience it with an audience.

Hopefully I'll be getting my 09 dvd soon...since I was one of the top street team promoters for the event.

Overall this was a pretty great experience.

About 30 at the Nashville show. Considering the Opry Mills location was under water still,,I was shocked. I guess people are sending a message to DCI that 12.50 is too much for this production. I won't pay more than that for quarterfinals if anyone is listening.

I see where you're coming from.

But is it DCI or Fathom Events that is really responsible for this?

I'm pretty sure both need a good cut in on it, hence the high price....along with it being a special event.

I was thinking about the price when I was watching it, It was equivalent to paying to see each corps for 2.50, which doesn't sound that bad.

Went to the Southpark Meadows theater again in Austin.

1. THANK YOU DCI for the HD and the surround sound!!!! Had the management turned up the sound, it would have been GREAT! Sigh. They had this problem last year, too. We tried and tried to explain and they just don't care.

2. Tiny crowd. Me and my group of three others clapped. Others kind of clapped after we started, but there was no chemistry. Even though we're in a state that sends SO many kids to drum corps, our audience at this particular venue really just doesn't get it, despite efforts from some of us.

3. Loved the previews of Troop, Boston and Bluecoats.

4. LOVED LOVED LOVED the historical vignettes. Thank youuuuu!!!!!!

5. I really didn't need to see these 5 shows again, but that wasn't why I was going, anyway. But really, could we maybe go back to a bit more variety?

The group I was with thought the exact same thing. Pretty good stuff happening with both corps, it seems.

Fran

:plain:

Wow--did you see the guy in BD's guard jump crotch-first into the gal's face? Rode her back to the ground then stood her up with the back of his heel...pretty...amazing!! That alone wins in my book...probably had some great one-liner's during the summer, too.

Loves me sum SkyRyders!

Interesting seeing Cadets twice this time and none last year...Phantom twice last year and narry a mention this time!

Does anyone else miss seeing some Star of Indiana on these things?? Beltshazzar would be nice! Come on...Indianapolis?!?

Loved Blooo's horns...sounds like a great corps already! Boston in Florida...Phantom better get used to the 2nd tier. :plain:

Forgot that Crown won brass...wow! Like stealing the strong man's wife right under his nose. How many corps have won high brass all-time, BTW?

87 Cadets does it for me every...single...time. That said, 09 SCV is the only corps to ever make me cry twice...keep it coming, Fiedler!

Cavies...I miss the mid-decade stuff...LOVED 007 music during the pre-show music...PLEASE return to that level of design...AMAZING!!

How about an "anything goes, vote for the top 12 of all-time" Countdown...if one corps gets 12 shows, then so be it...give us the 12 best shows of all time! As voted on by...US!!

Viewed in the Northpark AMC in Dallas...attendance was WAY down...did having NO PHANTOM have anything to do with that?!? Bad, bad, bad idea!! I'm not against there being no PR in this one, even as alum, but from a "butts in the seats," marketing standpoint, this stands out along with Jackson 93 as a bad, bad idea in DCI history. What were they thinking??