The smell of a DCI Show

There is nothing like it! The tension that builds in the air causes a thick plume that majestically envelopes bystanders and member alike. The atmospheric plume contains the smells of hot dogs, hamburgers, cookies, and other snacks as well as corps members own classic smell. When the first corps takes the field to the last corps, the smell exponentially increases in strength until the very plot of land the stadium sits on begins to grumble under the sheer weight. DCI season is almost here my friends.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing like it! The tension that builds in the air causes a thick plume that majestically envelopes bystanders and member alike. The atmospheric plume contains the smells of hot dogs, hamburgers, cookies, and other snacks as well as corps members own classic smell. When the first corps takes the field to the last corps, the smell exponentially increases in strength until the very plot of land the stadium sits on begins to grumble under the sheer weight. DCI season is almost here my friends.

I'm pretty sure you've just described INT.

( incidentally, rumors that INT will not be there in the DCI Countdown in Theatres Thursday are inaccurate )

The rumble of the crowd from afar, the stadium lights, the anticipation of your favorite corps coming to the field....I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Can't believe you left out bus fumes! Nothing says drum corps like bus fumes. Every time I smell them, no matter where it is, the memories come roaring back.

Edited by skajerk

you get out of your car and hear off in the distance the rising chord progressions of some yet unnamed corps, the distant chud chud chud chud chud chud chud chud of a faceless drumline easing into a set of eights...

Edited by BozzlyB