Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, SCV

This is kind of a spin off of the Pioneer thread. I know alot of people use other corps to gain experience to march the corps of their dreams. Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, and SCV have pretty much been perrenial top 4 finishers over the last few decades, and it seems alot of kids dream of marching one of these 4 corps.

So anyone who has been involved with any of these corps the last decade or so, what percentage of kids in the corps do you estimate came from another corps before marching with the one you were/are involved with? I wouldn't really include BDB, BDC, or SCVC as I consider them the same organizations as the World Class corps. Unless you marched SCVC and went to BD or the other way around, BDB to SCV.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn this into a poll and you'll get some responses.

This is kind of a spin off of the Pioneer thread. I know alot of people use other corps to gain experience to march the corps of their dreams. Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, and SCV have pretty much been perrenial top 4 finishers over the last few decades, and it seems alot of kids dream of marching one of these 4 corps.

So anyone who has been involved with any of these corps the last decade or so, what percentage of kids in the corps do you estimate came from another corps before marching with the one you were/are involved with? I wouldn't really include BDB, BDC, or SCVC as I consider them the same organizations as the World Class corps. Unless you marched SCVC and went to BD or the other way around, BDB to SCV.

BD - 82%

Cadets - 84%

Cavaliers - 73%

SCV - 86%

I think you guys are overestimating it.

I just did a count from the section I was in for '05 and I got 10 who had marched somewhere else and 12 that hadn't.

I could be wrong about some of those that didn't, but I doubt it is more than a couple

I just did a count from the section I was in for '05 and I got 10 who had marched somewhere else and 12 that hadn't.

I could be wrong about some of those that didn't, but I doubt it is more than a couple

I understand the question is other drum corps, but I have a hard time believing anyone marching their first year in a top 5 WC corps has no prior experience, at least with one hell of a band program.

Yup, there were some in the years I marched who had never marched before.

I understand the question is other drum corps, but I have a hard time believing anyone marching their first year in a top 5 WC corps has no prior experience, at least with one hell of a band program.

Believe it, it happens, and has happened.

I didn't, but that was almost 20 years ago.

I think the answer has changed from the past to now.