Your Favorite Corps

So since DCP seems to be very slow right now I am starting a thread.

Which is your favorite DCA corps and why?

If you choose your own corps please also say another corps that you like and why.

I will start.

I like Minnesota Brass. They usually play music I enjoy listening to and they have a really solid program. Seeing them rise to the top is really great and I will be rooting for them this year! I also like Empire, I have talked with a few of them before and they are good people and of course their shows are a lot of fun!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw last year, I'm rooting for MBI- best horn book last year to listen to. Also love Cabs a lot, respect Bucs and Hurcs very seriously.

I do have to say, those are my fave actives- I still bleed black, white, and blue for the corps I performed with- Westshore. It'll never leave me :devil:

for an Open Class corps I'll go with MBI also....................their programs really appeal to me,....................with that kinda stuff, it's gotta make recruiting an easier sell,................

I also love Govies,................they know how to entertain, and sell it to anyone who will watch and listen,..................the members have tons of fun and it shows every time I've seen them,...............

as for for a new corps, Vigilantes seem to me to be in that same zone, last year they weren't "heady" at all................just good fun!,.................and great people,.................

All time favorite will always be Skyliners. They were the first corps I ever marched with and there is just something about them that always beckons me back.

for an Open Class corps I'll go with MBI also....................their programs really appeal to me,....................with that kinda stuff, it's gotta make recruiting an easier sell,................

I also love Govies,................they know how to entertain, and sell it to anyone who will watch and listen,..................the members have tons of fun and it shows every time I've seen them,...............

as for for a new corps, Vigilantes seem to me to be in that same zone, last year they weren't "heady" at all................just good fun!,.................and great people,.................

I would look out for Grenadiers this year in the A Class.....I always loved Sky as well..as a young Canuck they blew me away at Aquinas stadium...and at the Scranton show in the 70"s......Also the Crusaders had a lasting impession on me in the early years..who played St.James town Infirmary??? Oh hell I am old and senile....but my god the corps from the 70"s wow wow and wow!!! again I am going golfing with the Bruins!!!

Inactive: Sky fan from the start because of the hornline....

Class A: Govies, always seem to have fun and great people at the souvie table. Still have the Go Govies shirt they gave away at Prelims a few years back.

Open: Going with Hurrcs right now because of their book. Also was at the same hotel for DCA last two years and had fun time with the members in our end of the hotel. Helluva lot of pressure between Prelims and Finals but we were joking around with one of the Contras around Sat night Midnight. Rest of the gang seemed relaxed too.

Minis: Gotta go with my personal history and the Eerie... oops Erie crew.... Knew those folks before there was such a thing as Mini corps.

Alumni: Too much fun with too many people to pick one....

Note: I know Minis and Alumni types are not part of DCA but they are part of Finals Weekend.

too tough to pick just one so i'll go with my old corps, the Westshoremen

Of the current corps, I like Bucs, Bush and yes...Cabs. If yesteryear DCA corps are considered, I also like Sunrisers. Sun took DCA into the new era and their shows had more difficulty and content than ANYONE today.

Edited by VOReason

MBI reminded me of BD back in 75' when they took the World Open. I thought "where the hell did these guys come from"? I have to wish the Hurcs well though. It's a sentimental thing (and no I was never a Hurc).

Brigadiers! Because I love their style and had a blast marching there. Great people, wonderful friends.