Does this pass the sniff test?

I suppose just an update.

I haven't heard back from DCI, Lilly, or Gatorade yet, but I'll keep you informed.

I do have a little more information, but basically I feel a little bad about the public bashing this guy has taken.

I'll let you know more as soon as I hear it, and will definitely post a conclusion after the end of the school year

~Michael

I agree about bashing not Chris anymore...let it go. He had some ideas that just didnt pan out. He could have been more cautious and realistic perhaps, but lets give him a break now.

Donny

Hay Donny the guy cuts you up to your own kid you defend him here at the end, what can I say man thats just a classy DA!! :rolleyes:

There is no Indoor group, no color guard, no drum corps this year. there is Nothing from Eclipse in 2010

This whole situation makes me sad. If he has the money he claimed, and had approached this in a different way, this whole thing could have turned out differently, albeit over a much longer period of time.

Failure is a great teacher. If he really is as passionate as it seems, relaxes on the ego, and enlists the help of educated and mature individuals, his dream could come to fruition some day.

If he's reading this, and I can offer any advice: Humility is a great asset. Realize that you can't re-invent the wheel. There are so many individuals who are much wiser and much more talented than any one of us in our early 20's. Try and go about getting them involved in the correct way. Let them teach you what they know. Be patient and be grateful for their assistance.

And, let's face it: 99% of new businesses fail. Drum Corps is a business. It's almost more important to have a solid admin team than building an instructional staff. It's the executive body that handles the legal, administrative, and business elements. It is they who should be guiding and steering the ship. If you want to be the guy running the music program, do that. But make sure you are prepared to handle that also before you bite off more than you can chew.

Edited by Canadacorps

This whole situation makes me sad. If he has the money he claimed, and had approached this in a different way, this whole thing could have turned out differently, albeit over a much longer period of time.

Failure is a great teacher. If he really is as passionate as it seems, relaxes on the ego, and enlists the help of educated and mature individuals, his dream could come to fruition some day.

If he's reading this, and I can offer any advice: Humility is a great asset. Realize that you can't re-invent the wheel. There are so many individuals who are much wiser and much more talented than any one of us in our early 20's. Try and go about getting them involved in the correct way. Let them teach you what they know. Be patient and be grateful for their assistance.

And, let's face it: 99% of new businesses fail. Drum Corps is a business. It's almost more important to have a solid admin team than building an instructional staff. It's the executive body that handles the legal, administrative, and business elements. It is they who should be guiding and steering the ship. If you want to be the guy running the music program, do that. But make sure you are prepared to handle that also before you bite off more than you can chew.

Ok, now this post is probably the best one I have seen in this topic.