Does this pass the sniff test?

Baris need 7 people... the 5 mentioned above and another 2 to teach

1) which end the mouth goes in

2) which end the sound comes out

And yes... BigW and I DID march together.... :rolleyes:

Next you'll tell me you need instruction on which orifice to attach it to....

Next you'll tell me you need instruction on which orifice to attach it to....

Let me look up the word "orifice" and I'll get back to you. :rolleyes:

LMAO (no pun intended), I work with Oracle databases and when I'm "less than pleased with them I call them the Orifice Databases.

It is definitely Howdy - and with his reputation - fake degrees, and bogus "ministry" I wouldn't trust this organization. Unless they aren't aware of his colorful past.

First of all my academic degrees are not fake. I hold a Masters of Art in Religion, Masters of Religious Education, and Master of Divinity from Liberty University. This can be easily verified by contacting:

Phone: (434)592-5100

FAX: (434)582-2187

E-mail (No attachments, please) registrar@liberty.edu

Address:

Registrar's Office

Liberty University

1971 University Blvd

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Hours:

M-F 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.;

Closed for Convocation M, W, F 9:30-11:30 A.M.;

Liberty University is fully S.A.C.S. accredited.

I am also a graduate of Florida Bible College and Atlanta Christian College.

I hold two graduate degrees from Gwinnett- Hall Baptist College and Seminary.

Second, "my" ministry is not "bogus".

The Trumpet of the Lord Ministry is # 4 of all time in the # of concert dates for Christian professional trumpet ministries.

I have been listed as one of the top 10 best Christian professional trumpet players.

The Trumpet of the Lord Ministry is a 501(s)3 not for profit association.

In the future I would appreciate it if you did not spread misinformation about me and the Trumpet of the Lord Ministry.

Regards,

Michael "Mikey Schmidt

Mt. Verd, Tennessee

"for the kids"

While I would like to wish this group the very best of luck, I have a hard time believing that a 19 year old can get the financial credit, sponsorship, and any other thing that would require legitimacy in a financial sense. If he can, then God Bless Him!

I dont mind saying something on here, because this guy was in a corps that I taught just two years ago when he was 17. If he has so much money to throw around, why did we have to wait almost a year for him to pay off his bill so he could join another corps? He has told my students that I didn't know what I was doing, and taught everything wrong. He has made claims that some of my present teaching staff are on his staff, and when I questioned them about it, they knew nothing about it. They claimed that this director took their picture and bio from another profile from a marching band they taught without their permission. And yes that is Howdy...

So again, I will wish this endeavor luck in getting off the ground with dignity. I will also remind this director to keep my name from his mouth. My experience does the talking for me.

Chainsaw...time to zip it, please.

Donny Allen

Donny Allen's drum corps resume is most impressive. Donny is an excellent brass instructor who teaches in the tradition of Ott with a few creative updated variations. I am convinced that Donny will do an exception job as Pioneer's Program Coordinator. I wish him well.

The last few DCP days have made me nostalgic for RAMD, having now seen Catherine Burr and Howdy brought up in different threads.

Where are the Jim Wise and Nick Pallato? Those guys were always good contributors back in the day. Do they post on DCP?

Without someone like me RAMD turns into the internet equivalent of an old western ghost town.

Burr we can all do without. There is always a need for someone like me to create enough "antics" ( as you call it ) to stir the pot and keep the place from dying. It was a lot of fun, and I and my special friends had alot of fun creating all of those very funny and creative bits. As my health continues to decline , and my muscular dystrophy is getting worse and worse, expect less and less of me on usenet , and less chances to hear me play. It is now up to those of you who had a clue to carry on the tradition.

Michael Mikey Schmidt

I have been listed as one of the top 10 best Christian professional trumpet players.

Really? By who? Can't seem to find anything on the subject with a quick Google search that doesn't lead to your site or a forum post by you.

Who rates that sort of thing, and how many are there in total?

Yes, having Michael E. Schmidt on staff is a sure sign of failure.

Well, I was on the executive board and the brass staff of Heritage (NOT Spirit, that was a mistake, typo, etc.).

When Heritage decided not to tour, Heritage handed back every kid in the drum corps 100 % of their dues.

Also, here it is 2010, 16 years after Heritage went inactive, and there is a chance that Heritage might re-activate.

I would hardly call that FAILURE James.

I also was on the brass staff at Pioneer (plus I volunteered at Pios bingo, and volunteered as a cook). During the time that I taught Pioneer , and since that time, Pioneer has continued to improve.

I would hardly call that failure James.

As for Chris Nagy he is an outstanding young man, and a good marcher and player. Chris was a joy to teach.

As a former drum corps director who was unable to keep a new start up drum corps from going inactive myself, I sure am not going to throw any stones at Chris Nagy. Chris what we have attempted to do is an honorable thing. Hold your head up high.

I would like to thank Donny Allen and Chris Nagy for believing in me enough to have offered me a chance to teach young people the wonderful art of playing brass.

Edited by Howdy

Howdy's bio claims that he marched AND taught at Spirit. First part, yes. Second part, nope. He has never been on Spirit's staff (well, in his mind, perhaps).

Re:

Not even in my mind. Heck, not even in my dreams, they have always been about playing not teaching for some reason.

That should have said that I taught brass for HERITAGE and Pioneer, not Spirit and Pioneer.

Sorry about the confusion, not sure how teaching Spirit ended up in my bio, but that is simply not true.

Oldsoprano you are correct.

God bless you,

Mikey

Man, didn't look at the website but this name is all I needed....

Just beware if you cross this guy...

Bottom line is this could hurt the reputation of Drum Corps in general if it's not on the level or handled badly. Even good intentions handled badly could sink DC in the area for years to come.

Jim, I'm not that mean am I?

:blink:

Mostly I am 99 % minister and 1 % Corrections Officer. Try to avoid the latter.

Jim keep on honkin!!!

Mikey