Does this pass the sniff test?

"I apologize to Chris and anyone else if my RAMD antics harmed them in their pursuit to minister to young people. "

You should make this a part of your signature, and you should read it every single time you're getting ready to post anything anywhere.

Your "RAMD antics," as you call them, have created baggage for you that I don't think you're ever going to be able to live down. That was your own doing. When you've got an entire FAQ page dedicated to your trolling, you know you've wasted some serious time. Think of all the good you could have been doing instead of trolling newsgroups for endless hours at a time.

No one would care about your claims to be a world-class trumpet player (we're used to boastfulness from trumpet players, although I am surprised that with all those degrees in theology you never learned about Pride going before the Fall). We'd be doubtful about your claims, but all in all, it wouldn't really be a blip on the collective radar of RAMD or DCP...except for the fact that for a good 3-4 years, you were the epitome of the worst kind of human being and everything that was wrong with Usenet at the turn of the decade.

You lied. You boasted. You harassed. You instigated. You threatened. You blustered. And in the end, you made a name for yourself, just not the one I think you wanted to create.

I have no dog in this particular fight, but I do remember all too well your back and forths with Sorrell, Pilato, Lamb, and the rest of RAMD (and I just giggled a little, thinking about the "Howdy Bots.") May I make a suggestion?

Leave.

At long last, set your baggage down, and walk away.

Enjoy life. Continue to play, or minister, or teach, or whatever it is that you like to do. But stay away from message boards...they do not reflect you in a good light, in fact, one could say they bring out the worst in you.

I'm not interested in your resume or your rejoinders, and I'll pretty much ignore you after this, because frankly, I don't spend much time on DCP.

However, as a fellow theologian, I'd like to point out that you've displayed envy, wrath, and most of all, pride in many of your online interactions over the years. You may claim that you are only kidding and fooling around, but your "boss" and mine may not see it that way.

Rededicate yourself to a life of service and humility, Michael.

Set your baggage down, and walk away.

:lookaround::throwupen::devil::throwupen::throwupen::throwupen::throwupen::throwupen::throwupen::throwupen:

Nope Magic of Mobile didn't Move north.

Thanks Elmo! Honestly, when I began to engage discussion with Howdy, I had no preconceived notions concerning his views. But now, like Joe Pesci said in the movie My Cousin Vinny to a witness that just got whipped into embarrassment, “I’m done with this guy”.

:lookaround: I couldn't have said it better myself.

19 or 22, the way he was going about setting this group up was at best inadvisable and at worst very foolish. Thankfully it doesn't seem like it got to the point where it could have burned more bridges the corps community can't rebuild to potential donors, or so one would hope.

Amazing to me that a 19-22 year old would know enough and have the time to be able to set up a group with this much detail. Mistakes were made <$1 to Ronald Reagan> but just a ton of stuff done by a college student (if he is currently a student). IOW - don't think the finger should go entirely in one direction.

Agree, thank goodness no real damage was done other than the squawk fest here. And if any corps is looking for a young person to "intern" (can't think of better term) in managing a corps, sounds like Chris should get a look. Sounds like he cares enough, too bad he didn't have the practice experience before he got involved in this.

By who? Google only shows your own "top ten" claims. What publication has ranked you where you claim?

There isn't one. He is his only supporter. Honestly - it's not that he's a terrible player. He's not. The problem is that he claims to be this virtuoso that he's not.

If he was intersted in anything besides running his own corps, Chirs knows where to look. But IMO...he should learn by participating as a marching member to gain that experience until he ages out. That would earn him the respect he will need to go further in this activity. If he came looking for a spot (willing to learn more about this activity) and he had his tour fees, I could give him a spot tomorrow. I say that knowing he wouldn't "lower" himself to the corps I teach.

The problem is that you shouldn't publicly put down a group that has 50 years of longevity and consistency on the field because they haven't won or even been in the finals in World Class. If Corps X has put a corps out year after year with the same director and philosophy, they are successful. That was not the premise that the Indiana corps was based on. Success is not ALWAYS based in the win and lose columns.

I have heard claims that the corps goals for this endeavor were to WIN Open Class the first year, and MEDAL in World the second year. MY GOD!!!! pretty lofty goals I would say. With that as a premise, anything less than the highest score ever is a failure.

Well after reading Donnys post, I kept hearing Paul Harveys quote "And now... the rest of the story". One good thing about Drum Corps being such an interconnected activity is that hardly anyone is anonymous. And the Internet helps to spread the information. (And I'll try to keep my assumptions (spelled ###-upt-ions) to myself until if/when I get all the details.)

First I saw about winning that first year and medaling the next. Having started with a corps that was coming back after being inactive it's unbelievible that anyone would think of making this claim. But then again I used the terms "Prof Henry Hill" (Music Man) and "snake oil salemen" in previous posts so guess someone thought with enough BS they could sell anything. Bet the corn is growing REAL good somewhere with all the fertilizer being applied.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

There isn't one. He is his only supporter. Honestly - it's not that he's a terrible player. He's not. The problem is that he claims to be this virtuoso that he's not.

Top 10 best Christian Professional Trumpet Players

"

1. Phil Driscoll 2. Dan Oxley 3. Jesse McGuire 4. David O'Neill

5. Dave Stahl 6. Danny Wolfe 7. Dr. Michael Schmidt 8. Chiz Ryder

9. Don Shire 10. Rev. Michael Guevara

"

- John Talbert (As posted in the FFF)

I am also # 4 of all time amongst my Christian trumpet playing peers for the # of solo instrumental trumpet concerts given to date.

Excellent post Donny. When I was a drum corps director, no person lent a hand to help me out more than Roman Blenski.

Edited by Howdy

Pretty "humble" for a man of God, eh Mikey?