"FA16" vs "G7"

No credibility lost for me. While I disagree with his assessment of those shows, I completely understand the anger and resentment in the comment. People who marched in or are marching in a G-7 corps had best get over the notion that anti G-7 comments are personal attacks on them or it's likely to be a very long summer.

Well, the non G7 corps aren't real drum corps anyway. Maybe if they worked harder they would be in the position of the G7 corps.

Nothing personal against the non G7 corps

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the Glassmen a drum corp and Carolina Crown not a drum corps? Please give me a logical explanation to that other than "I'm mad at Crown right now"

Heh, I didn't say I agree with the OP. I simply said he was passionate about his opinion.

I can see why he is upset. This whole situation may be a ruse for something even more drastic and detrimental to the activity down the line. It could also be cool for the consumer.

It all depends on where the "G7" takes it. Unfortunately, this past decade has shown many of us where they're going to take it... It's a scary and generic place for this once totally unique niche activity.

I just don't think it's wise to summarily dismiss someone because they're passionate about something and don't present themselves in a manner you happen to like.

Some people just treat people like crap on here and it's wrong. It's not something one would do in person, but on the internet it's somehow "okay". I don't get it...

Frankly, it's hard for me to be too terribly concerned anymore because of the synths, bass guitars, etc...

It's all really just marching band...

He's also saying that i didn't work hard. Right.

...and I bet it really keeps you up at night. :thumbup:

We all know you worked hard. Thank you!

We really need to see through all the B.S. and try to figure out what is really happening. That's all.

People sometimes say outrageous things when they're upset. It's not like he smacked you or talked about your mother...

Edited by jjeffeory

No credibility lost for me. While I disagree with his assessment of those shows, I completely understand the anger and resentment in the comment. People who marched in or are marching in a G-7 corps had best get over the notion that anti G-7 comments are personal attacks on them or it's likely to be a very long summer.

Yes, I marched in one of the "G7" corps and I'm not offended at all.

You lost all credibility when you said that the top corps aren't "real drum corps".

That is where you go from stating your opinion to looking like an ###

And the G7 lost all creditibility when they said they are the draw, they deserve the power, they deserve the money, and the rest do not matter.

This summer, I'm gonna buy a.....

Boston T-shirt

Blue Stars hat

Troopers bumper sticker

Blue Knights hoodie

Colts shorts

Spirit key chain

Pioneer hat(if it looks like Roman's)

and so on, and so on.

I will too! But I'll also buy:

Mandarins shirt

Pacific Crest bumper sticker

Teal Sound key chain (even though they were one of my main competition last year...)

:thumbup:

This summer, I'm gonna buy a.....

Boston T-shirt

Blue Stars hat

Troopers bumper sticker

Blue Knights hoodie

Colts shorts

Spirit key chain

Pioneer hat(if it looks like Roman's)

and so on, and so on.

My question would be, why weren't you buying those things before? were those corps souvies not good enough before, but now you'll help them out because the G7 made you upset?

Only supporting the big corps and only going into the stadium when it was time for the big corps is what has made them believe that they are the draw and the only reason people go to shows.

My question would be, why weren't you buying those things before? were those corps souvies not good enough before, but now you'll help them out because the G7 made you upset?

Only supporting the big corps and only going into the stadium when it was time for the big corps is what has made them believe that they are the draw and the only reason people go to shows.

I know for me, I would get stuff from those corps, as well as the corps in the G7. But now the G7 is coming out, I'll buy more of the non-G7 corps' stuff, and ALOT, if anything, from the G7.

Your answer would be,....I WAS buying those things before. I bought items from every corps. I sat through and watched every corps perform at every show I attended. My option is to buy from who I choose to,...and this year will be different. Maybe I will even leave the stadium when the, as you call them, the big corps start to perform. That is my choice. I never stated that the G-7 made me upset,....they just helped me make a decision.