• yay
    • nay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY.

It's like asking us : " Would you'd be in favor of a) sunshine.... b) fresh air....... and c) expanding sunshine and fresh air to eveyone.

Well........ ya.

But what if the poll question was worded " would you be in favor of fresh air if we sucked the oxygen out of the room of 25 other people to provide fresh air to 7 people who already have lots of fresh air ?"

Do ya think the poll result then might be just... oh, maybe... a little different ?

yes

I'd just like to gauge the DCP opinion up or down on each line item of the proposal based on the information provided and not "well if they change this and that maybe I'd support it". Each line is Marked with a number and corresponding poll question.

Each item is taken from anything I can get my hands on and is not, and likely will never be, complete. But here are the "highlights" as seen on the SCV website plus.

First 3.

1: A plan to create a series of special events in addition to the usual competitive DCI schedule throughout the year, and feature Drum Corps International's "top acts" in fully produced big stadium shows. These events would include pre-show and post show activity, instant encores, interactive warm- up zones and fan participation in the judging process.

2: An open-ended suggestion to reduce the DCI infrastructure to find additional fiscal support for all member drum corps.

3: While continuing to service our ardent and supportive fan and alumni base, the group suggested a plan to better marry drum corps to scholastic music in the hope of supporting arts education, while at the same time generating an interested spectator base for the drum corps activity.

Do you really think the drum corps community is this dumb, luvs me, that it would regard a survey written this way to be a fair gauge of opinion on the G7 proposal? As a member of this community, I'm offended by that.

Or maybe you think your survey is objective, and the results will mean something.

Then you won't mind if I rephrase your questions, and cast my votes accordingly:

1: A plan to create a series of Friday and Sunday shows at which only seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps will perform together, excluding all other DCI corps. Other DCI corps might be permitted by vote of the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps to stage another show on Friday and Sunday in the same area, where those non-elite will be located because all corps will have performed together on the intervening Saturday night. Ticket revenues for these events will be shared among all DCI corps in ratio to be determined by vote of the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps.

2: Fire Dan Acheson and half the DCI staff to reduce overhead expenses and leave more money for the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps, which will take over many DCI functions and collect and keep for just those seven corps the fees for doing so.

3: Use DCI funding and support to create a Marching Band International organization following the model set by YEA! and conduct symposia and clinics, with the fees to be collected by and shared among the seven self-appointed into perpetuity elite corps.

Do you really think the drum corps community is this dumb, luvs me, that it would regard a survey written this way to be a fair gauge of opinion on the G7 proposal? As a member of this community, I'm offended by that.

Or maybe you think your survey is objective, and the results will mean something.

Then you won't mind if I rephrase your questions, and cast my votes accordingly:

1: A plan to create a series of Friday and Sunday shows at which only seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps will perform together, excluding all other DCI corps. Other DCI corps might be permitted by vote of the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps to stage another show on Friday and Sunday in the same area, where those non-elite will be located because all corps will have performed together on the intervening Saturday night. Ticket revenues for these events will be shared among all DCI corps in ratio to be determined by vote of the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps.

2: Fire Dan Acheson and half the DCI staff to reduce overhead expenses and leave more money for the seven self-appointed-into-perpetuity elite corps, which will take over many DCI functions and collect and keep for just those seven corps the fees for doing so.

3: Use DCI funding and support to create a Marching Band International organization following the model set by YEA! and conduct symposia and clinics, with the fees to be collected by and shared among the seven self-appointed into perpetuity elite corps.

:tongue::rock::worthy::worthy::tongue::rock::worthy::rock::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::rock::worthy:

you should do the next poll. you described this one so much better

The proposals you have listed only have true meaning when put into the proper context:

Prop 2. Member Corps do not include Open Class, in which the G7 want to pull support.

:rock::thumbup::worthy::rock::tongue:

Wow. Really?

Did I not say how this wasn't a place to talk about the "well change this, they really mean that"....but if you like them as they are stated.

So.......why exactly am I getting this kinda flak? If you don't like or don't even believe the proposals (lifted from the SCV website, btw) then there's the handy option of voting no.

But I guess everything on this forum has to be a battle. Cool.

Wow. Really?

Did I not say how this wasn't a place to talk about the "well change this, they really mean that"....but if you like them as they are stated.

So.......why exactly am I getting this kinda flak? If you don't like or don't even believe the proposals (lifted from the SCV website, btw) then there's the handy option of voting no.

But I guess everything on this forum has to be a battle. Cool.

What is it about context do you not understand? For example: What if there was a question out there like, "Do you support the rights of kids?" Sounds simple, correct? However, if the context is not presented, and you answer Yes, the author of the question can claim that you support 7-year olds to smoke, drink, and drive cars. That is why context is vital to the questions you are posing. Got it?